You really expect people to

Buy Gears of War 5 when you haven’t fixed gears of war 4 yet… I will vote with my wallet gears 4 is the worst matchmaking delaying sponging teleporting piece of crap.

3 Likes

If its such crap stop investing money into it then … & play gears 3 … Gears3 Runs pretty good in my opinion … Gears4 has a huge problem wit sponging i do agree but the game is still a great game to play … & Gears5 is gonna be an amazing game just wait on it … i have faith in TC …

2 Likes

I would like to assume the TC hasn’t been fixing Gears 4 because they have been dumping almost all its resources into Gears 5. They may not be responding to our concerns but are more than likely taking them into account for Gears 5. I’ve been with GoW since the beginning and a little sponging and matchmaking delay isn’t going to stop me from continuing the tradition. Believe me it upsets me too but not to the point of not wanting to play it. Honestly if that’s how it makes you feel I agree with @MOODYTEMPER4K don’t waste your money…

6 Likes

I really wish they would try to fix the sponging for Gear4 but i guess its going to take time but overall Gear4 is a pretty sweet game to play … but thanks for seeing my point @K0oLAiiD even with Gears4 having a few bugs to it Im most likey still gonna play it until Gears5 comes out :+1:

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong there are a multitude of issues within Gears 4 that need to be addressed and we all feel like neglected children when our questions/concerns go unanswered> I really wish they would take a step back and attempt to show that they care about our experience on Gears 4. Its unfortunate that this type of experience is driving players away from the franchise. Even a simple “we’re working on it” would be so reassuring even if they are not really doing anything. But as I stated before if the game frustrating you to the point of hating it I wouldn’t be buying the next one either…

3 Likes

Regarding the franchise’s direction with Pop!, Tactics and current state of GoW4 MP, I won’t be very surprised if GoW5 is Campaign and Horde only. Multiplayer seems like a rocket science to TC. If it can’t be fixed in 4 after twenty updates, it’s really hard to believe that it will work flawlessly right on the new game launch.

2 Likes

Well they made everything so complicated so going back to fix the issues was probably next to impossible without creating more issues. They will definitely have an MP in Gears 5…it wouldn’t be gears without one.

2 Likes

I’m buying Gears 5 along with a bunch of people here

5 Likes

At OP
I will buy (not game pass but purchase) no matter what. I understand frustration and I have been there and continue to be there sometimes nightly, we all have.
Gears can be the most frustrating game in the world. BUT when it clicks, no other sensation/feeling is like it, in any other game I play.

If we get the Ultimate edition that comes out 2 days early, I will buy.
If we get a dlc bundle I will buy…on that front we were treated poorly with Gears 4, but no way will that happen again. TC know they screwed up there.
If it comes with loot box system I will buy
…in short I will be purchasing and playing Gears 5 as soon as I am able.

1 Like

Functional MP you mean? If it’ll work like this one, it’s smarter to remove it completely. It’s a joke now and we all know it. The worst part is, Gears without non-frustrating MP isn’t Gears we need.

Well, I’m just saying with everything related witnessed so far. I’m not convinced. Certainly won’t say “I’m buying it 100%” after only E3 preview.

1 Like

Like I stated previously. I’m hoping they are at least listening to what we have been saying about Gears 4 and making the necessary adjustments for Gears 5. Seriously though what would Gears be without MP? I mean I understand the issues with sponging/lag/delayed matchmaking and the terrible matchmaking system but even for me its not every game and I don’t experience it all the time. So yes, at times it can be frustrating but more often than not I enjoy the time I’m on the game(without issues). If your experience is less than pleasurable when you play… don’t waste your money

1 Like

TC have made the right decision to abandon this sinking ship of a game, and you should too. If they want to sell us a new game at the low, low cost of six esports packs, who are we to complain? Frankly that’s a steal and you should be grateful that they are so generous.

1 Like

Man, somebody need to tell you, those esport packs are overpriced it’s not the game that’s cheap.

1 Like

Speaking of sponging…

Sponges of War 4

Agreed. The game’s economy has been distorted by Gear Packs. The cost has gone up but the value has gone down, and now $60 gets you far less than in the past.

1 Like

The price is determined by supply and demand. If people buy them faster than TC can make them the price will go up, if people don’t buy them the price will go down. It’s that simple.

2 Likes

If Gow 5 has the same servers like Gow 4 then expect the same problem. I hope this time we will have better servers after all these years!

2 Likes

I’m not sure what about you’re here on, but you compared 6 esports supporter packs with the game price. There’s no demand for supporting esports gow scene voluntarily, demand is for exclusivity of BS characters hidden behind a pay wall $10 and RNG system. Who normal would demand that?? 10 bucks and RNG gamble six times, yeah it’s a steal. Literally.

1 Like

In the case of eSports packs it’s not about supply because there is in theory an infinite number of packs out there so as long as there is money spent on them, the supply of packs is inexhaustable and there is no limit. The exclusivity stems from the skins not being acquirable through credits or crafting, and the packs being available for short periods.

I don’t know if there’s been any change in the price as I only started paying attention to eSports around December last year, but I presume the price has always been the same and has not changed at any point? The price of the packs are as they were originally set by TC / MS. The composition of the packs have shifted - improved drop rates, guaranteed characters etc, which was presumably done due to a combination of complaints from buyers, as well as to entice buyers. The thing with economics is not just the cost of an item, but what you get for your money.

2 Likes

I have previously said I wouldn’t buy it new. I am rethinking that based upon the fact I actually like Kait and hated JD.

To me, the telling route this game takes will be what they do with the season pass. If I see 24 maps again, I don’t have a huge hope Gears 5 will be much different. That season pass was weak.

I still like the story so I will get the game, but the extra money spent on season pass is unlikely, unless it is drastically better.

1 Like