Yet Again: ERROR: Failed to open descriptor file

DEAR FORUM MODS: YES we all here have submitted tickets DXDIAG and all asked, BUT they haven’t answered in 2 weeks, complete radio silence, SO STOP CLOSING AND IGNORING THIS HUGE BUG until we have it solved. I Haven’t been able to play on my computer for lil’ more than 3 weeks with a damn paid booster getting wasted.

I’ve been like this since Operation 4 hit. I bought a season pack, and since then I can’t play on my computer with MS Store/Xbox App version. Steam version worked fine (but refunded because I didn’t want 2 copies of the game)

I can uninstall it, and even managed to re-install it like 8 time snow, 4 on secondary drive, 4 on main drive. Same result. I have all my drivers updated and so do OS.

I received a new SSD 1TB free space. installed Windows on it and directly Gears. Couldn’t play it and got same bug message. Even without installing Game Services nor updating it later on!

My result after 2+ weeks contacting support is them referring me to a forum post on how to generate video card crash by entering game, video settings… I CAN’T GET IN THE GAME ffs And their answers are sent once every 2 days, and none for a week by now… imagine my frustration.

I’m loosing 3 weeks of PAID booster by now. And all they do Is close forum posts and not answer our tickets. App is getting full of bad reviews on store and reddit. this is gonna end really bad if they don’t do anything but silence us, needless to say.

2 Likes

Hi there,

I understand it is frustrating but this issue may take time to solve, and it is very high on TC’s priority list.

FYI: This forum isn’t tech support (its moderators are community volunteers) and the threads are being closed so people stop posting on here, as those posts in no way helps solve the issue. It doesn’t give TC information. If we let the threads continue users would post on here Instead of posting information to TC directly.

This isn’t true at all. TC Sera has posted about this issue both yesterday and two days ago.

This isn’t being ignored, and I hope TC is good enough to give you boost in compensation for not being able to use your boost when it goes down.

2 Likes