Gears Forums

Y'all need to chill...Gears 5 is a really good game

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

27 Likes

tC5uumk

49 Likes

Is it too much for a game to be good straight out of the box?
These guys haven’t learned anything from Gears 4. They deserve every bit of criticism coming their way.

50 Likes

You’re defending a game that has literally taken the series backwards.

Not just with it’s mechanics, but with the content, the glitches/problems and the disgusting store.

2006 Gears did a better job than one that has come out in 2019. Where it should be slick as ■■■■, brimmed with content and working without a tonne of glitches/problems.

48 Likes

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka

31 Likes

It has a 52% score on Steam and 3.5 stars in the Xbox store. Clearly it’s not just a few forum members who are upset.

A lot of us are just urging TC to fix it because we love Gears and want a good Gears game to play.

23 Likes

They’ll fix it if you buy some iron.

8 Likes

This game is broken…literally broken…

7 Likes

I mean decent? Sure. Good? Hmm ok I’ll listen. Great? Nah.

7 Likes

I have well over 1000 hours played since the og gears and you say I’m not a real fan because I quit gears 5 within a few weeks? Gears OF WAR is the only mp I like and can play day after day because there’s no game like it and the competition. But now it’s a pussified hollow shell of the gears I loved.

2nd. You talk about how TC will eventually fix the problems but let’s be real for a sec. After all the updates and changes they made for gears 4 this is the best they could do? Taking the game backwards and taking away as much skill gap as they can because it’s too hard for new players? It’s like they learned absolutely nothing from gears 4 and using the same excuse as before.

Oh by the way how much iron they give you for this thread? Or was it an emote?

20 Likes

LMAO got emmmm. Had to be iron that he was given…I am certain of it.

1 Like

I don’t think you’ve ever played a broken game my friend.

2 Likes

Yea he has…Gears 5.

12 Likes

TLDR. Games not good mate. Was launched crappily. Still plays crappily. Had a beta that did nothing. Had a whole prequel to learn from and didn’t.

15 Likes

How much iron did they give you to make this post :rofl:

Just because we criticize something, that doesn’t mean we hate it or want it to fail.

It’s the polar opposite. We want it fixed because we love gears.

Posts like this making out we’re overreacting is actually harmful to the games future.

People need to stop bootlicking and give criticism where criticism is due. Gears 5 is due a lot of criticism, and for good reason.

19 Likes

So you guys can criticize this game and even go as far as making claims of bribery, but someone can’t genuinely like a game and hope for it to get better?

Lol, the double standards are amazing.

4 Likes

No one is saying that you can’t think the game is good.

But you saying that we’re all overreacting and that we’re wrong for saying the game is bad in its current state is ridiculous

15 Likes

I believe it’s the way the OP as worded/written what they have said, which people find is ridiculous.

Some of it is utter nonsense and lacking common sense.

If someone likes it, they like it. However what they have written along with it, is just plain dumb.

3 Likes

We like the FRANCHISE not the game, Big difference, People felt the same way about Judgement which is why it was a colossal failure. TC had three other old gears games to take formula pieces from (I do not count Judgement) and they had a prequel in Gears of War 4 that was out for 3 years! Are you telling me that we should defend this garbage game that they put out…3 years of feedback from the community and Gears 5 in its current state is the best that they could come up with??? Come on man. Stop being a YES man all your life,

TC gambled on new players flocking to this game and it looks like they lost. In doing so they tossed their established community to the side. Gears is a niche game. Always has and always will be. If people aren’t into gears of war by now, they will NEVER be into it.

15 Likes

Just want to reiterate that anyone that’s on the forums wants nothing but the best for this game. And most people on these forums are die hards who’ve been there from the beginning. A lot of frustration is from the fact that a lot of people enjoyed 4 at the end and could’ve been an easy copy and paste and build off of that.

It’s not hard to tell that they really tried to dilute it to make it easier to pick up and be good. Literally EVERY gears title has tried to do this and every time it’s failed because it’s something that makes gears, gears instead of your generic FPS CoD experience. 13 years the same thing, that’s why it’s frustrating

But let’s be 100% honest here, they sold us an unfinished game, bugs, glitches, server issues and store prices aside, just look at the content between maps and characters…already gotten bored of the maps.

The game is going to get better and I whole heartedly believe that but why wait its really unnecessary for what was essentially an easy lay up and shouldn’t take months to sort out. Don’t want to get to lengthy because I already made a post about this.

https://forums.gearsofwar.com/t/please-stop-defending-broken-games/32500/83

15 Likes