Gears Forums

Xp not worth it,

horde

(Fragmented Wolf) #44

Please refer to above post

" Dare I say I should be max rank, or close to max rank after 1000 hours?.. I don’t think that’s unreasonable…"

I don’t think “Loads of people” would have the highest rank at 1000 hours…

(Fragmented Wolf) #46

By that logic, might as well make the number of re-ups infinite… because what’s to separate the 10000hrs from the 20000hrs… Is that your argument?..

(TheDeuterostome) #47

I have almost 4000 hours and don’t have max rank. In most games I would say 1000 hours would suffice but this is gears.

(Fragmented Wolf) #48

I saw you were once responding, but then stopped. More than likely because your ‘logic’ is now cornered, at least from my point of view. So let me sum it up in one nice post.

The goal at the end of the day for any progression system is to give a player a sense of accomplishment. The reason an infinite, or unobtainable max rank (50k hours required) would’t be successful in doing that is because the player feels as though they are ‘running in a wheel’ and ranking up is pointless.

Now you’re entitled to your opinion that only 0.0001% of all gears players should be able to obtain max rank and requires 20k hours… That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it… But I personally think that’s asking too much, just like this current system asks too much, and I very much feel like ranking up currently, is pointless as the end goal is unreasonable.

So… back to what I said… I think 1000 hours should be sufficient for max rank. To anybody that would like to respond to this post, what do you feel is an appropriate number of hours to achieve max rank, and if it’s higher than what I just quoted, do you feel the community would get a sense of accomplishment from it? Or do you think most would feel they are in a wheel?

(TheDeuterostome) #49

It’s hard to through a number out there because the multiplayer/horde payouts are not balanced. But this being gears and being one of the fro doesn’t games on the market, I would say max rank should be upwards to 10000 hours. I would love to have max rank but know that it won’t happen. I am just pushing as far as I can until gears 5 comes out. Like I said before I wish they would release 5 more wings and then add wings gold skins to wings 6-15. I like the skins and I feel those who hit those tiers should be rewarded more.

(Fragmented Wolf) #50

So 10,000 hours… My next question to you. Do you think most of the community would appreciate 10,000 hours being required for max rank, or do you feel most would be dissatisfied and feel there’s no point?

(TheDeuterostome) #51

I believe that regardless of what the community thinks that it should be something few should get. I am a completionist and really want to have max rank like I did in all the other gears game but I won’t be offended by not getting it. I am a glutton for punishment. I would love to have achievements for 250k-500k total kills in this game. But I do like those almost impossible to reach goals.

(Fragmented Wolf) #52

But I’m asking you. What do you think the majority would feel if 10,000 hours were required?

(TheDeuterostome) #53

They would most likely as a whole be dissatisfied. But gears fans are always unhappy, so it really doesn’t matter.

(Fragmented Wolf) #54

And my last question to put the nail in the coffin for this one, who do you think the dev should cater to more? the 0.0001% that can give 10,000 hours to their game, or to the 99.9999 that are going to feel dissatisfied?

(TheDeuterostome) #55

Well they should cater to the majority. But that doesn’t mean they have to give them everything they want. You have to reward you dedicated fans who are playing the game 2 years in as well.

(Fragmented Wolf) #56

Thank you, sir.

(TheDeuterostome) #57

But the majority stops playing about 8-12 months in. I think they should keep this high marks for those who want to invest the time.

(Fragmented Wolf) #58

With all do respect, Deuterostome, your logic is flawed and got completely picked apart here. Attack my stance from a new angle if you like, but don’t sit there and tell me they should cater to the 0.0001% while leaving all the others dissatisfied as even you know that’s ridiculous.

(guzzler96) #59

I agree whole heartedly with everything you have said. If you are for 10,000 hrs or 1250 - 8 hr days or 3.42 years at 8 hours a day then carry on. Who has time to or wants to play 8 hours a day for three and a half years. I think my math is correct.

(Fragmented Wolf) #60

Yes, that math checks out… 3.42 years of your life @ 8 hours a day playing this game… That makes it even more absurd. I don’t think these people realize what they are asking for when they type a response, lol… That math is hilarious…

(TheDeuterostome) #61

I am not attacking your thread at all. I was just stating that you can cater to the majority and still reward those few dedicated fans. Why is that so hard to understand and why is that unfair. Do you want everybody to have everything handed to them just for the sake of being fair to those who don’t invest the same amount of time as those who are dedicated to this game?

(Fragmented Wolf) #62

That’s not handed to them… it’s a thousand hours…

(TheDeuterostome) #63

Not if this the only game they play. 1000 hours is nothing! Some people need to realize they aren’t going to get max rank, I am one of those but I don’t let it deter me from enjoying the game. It’s for those dedicated few who can achieve it. What so wrong with that. If you play more, you are rewarded more. Just like having a job, the more you work the more money you make.

(sancris777) #64

I honestly think leveling up takes insanely long regardless. I probably won’t be anywhere near max level by the time gears 5 comes out