Gears Forums

Xbox Sounds Like a Jet When Playing Gears 5?

Anyone else have their Xbox fan running extremely loud and sounding like a plane about to take off? It’s only when I play Gears 5. It gets a little loud when I play Gears 4, but not like this. I can play other games, Forza, CoD, Battlefield, etc and not have issues. My buddy was playing campaign with me and we’d been playing for a couple hours and his Xbox shut off and gave him an over temp alarm when he signed back in. First time he’s ever had that. Both of us are playing on the One X.

Not me,But whenever I play a Gears 360 game Backwards compat it sounds like an entire airstrip of Jets starting to take off to take out A6 (Miss)

1 Like

Same here. I’m on the One X and have the same issue with a loud fan.

There seems to be thermal issues just based on the number of reports so far. They probably pushed the graphics further than the system could handle.

i have an xbox one x and a special edition xbox one s. i play them at the same settings on gears 4 . the xbox one x runs louder on gears 4. so when someone offered to buy me the special edition xbox one x for gears 5 i said no no no.
Update just tried gears 5 on the xbox one x ----- jet engine definitely

There are several reports about this issue, the mods have already informed TC.

i have an xbox one x and a special GEARS edition xbox one s. i play them at the same settings on gears 4 . the xbox one x runs louder on gears 4. so when someone offered to buy me the special edition xbox one x for gears 5 i said no no no. i am running gears 5 only on the xbox one s quiei

Update just tried gears 5 on the xbox one x ----- jet engine definitely

I have no problems and I play on the X, wife has no issues and she plays on the regular xbox

Hahaha

My Xbox never gets loud oddly. I guess it knows I go through enough every time I try to play my Playstation. I honestly thought the thing was going to melt through my shelf while I played Spiderman

I play on PC but the game definitely will push your hardware. My room gets slightly warmer and I can hear my case fans whirring while wearing my headset.

1 Like

Playing offline fixes this problem a little for some reason. I’d assume it’s the combination of the data to and from the server for the game and the game processing. Too much going on at one time. Overworking the CPU/GPU thus causing the heat.

Make sure to close out any background apps on your xbox. YouTube, pandora, mixer, etc. Before playing g5. And it wouldnt hurt to do a reset to free up any memory from your console too. And dont play in a heated room try to keep the room temperature down as much as you can.

I play on the original XBox, and after testing different scenarios over the past 3 days, I can play fine unless i’m playing Horde while streaming directly to Mixer. I can stream the campaign fine, but every time I stream horde mode, my XBox turns off. I can play horde fine while not streaming…

-“Q”

At least it isn’t just me. My Xbox is in an open area so it cools itself fine so far. Like I said, my buddy was having issues. I was just concerned because it seems like it’s the only game that makes my Xbox run like that.

I have the loud fan issue too. But it’s not Gears 5 specific. It doesn’t happen every time but it seems to happen randomly whenever I boot up a game. The fan will be loud for like 5 seconds then go back to normal.