Xbox - Gears wont launch (Main thread) - Update issue 17 September

Yep…same here smh…game is garbage

1 Like

I can play any game besides Gears… just sayin

Thanks for letting me know.

It may be that an update is about to be pushed and for whatever reason the game is wanting people on it prior to launch (just me guessing here)

2 Likes

Same mate been playing nothing but gears 3 still butter, takes some getting used to 30fps and camera shake again but its damn good still

1 Like

Getting the same error code tried all resets and still nothing Delta

2 Likes

Hot trash

Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

When I try to start gears it just says: “You need this update, but we can’t get it right now. Try again in a while.”

Looking up the error code doesn’t help as it seems to pertain to updating the xbox itself, which I’m good on. Only other thing it says is something about xbox servers undergoing maintenance but other games, even online ones, seem to work just fine. I even thought maybe it might be game pass services but that’s not the case either. So I’m wondering if anyone else is having issues.

1 Like

It’s just a gears 5 issue my other games are working fine and the Xbox servers a fine too

3 Likes

Same here. Just gears 5

2 Likes

Gears 5 got Batista-bombed.

7 Likes

Lol!

How long y’all think it’ll take to fix?

Bets?

I’m gonna say till 4pm CT

1 Like

and to think I spent a whole DOLLAR on this game … over payed 75 cents I think …

2 Likes

This is quite frankly, unacceptable.

Never seen this error with any other game ever.

Poor.

Happened with Sea of Thieves not long after release, then they screwed the game pass entitlement after.

It’ll be back shortly I reckon, gauging the error I think they’ve published a marker to update and either not pushed the update to the store or put a version number higher than the update they’ve actually pushed out.

Error shouldn’t take long to fix

2 Likes

I’m also having this problem…

Xbox

1 Like

Me too in thailand on xbox one X

2 Likes

It’s still broken. Sigh.

1 Like

I’m also having the same problem. Looks like it’s been a problem for over an hour now.

Xbox One, UK.

2 Likes