Gears Forums

Xbox - Gears wont launch (Main thread) - Update issue 17 September

Cant launch Gears on xbox.

“You need this update, but we can’t get it right now. Try again in a while. (0x8b050033)”.

Anyone else getting this?

75 Likes

Same here its a busted game, no update in manage game area, tried all restarts and resets still nothing. Might just uninstall the whole thing at this point.

5 Likes

I’m getting this error too.

1 Like

Im aslo getting this issue, i tried reporting ut to speed up the process of it being fixed. My mate on PC can play it fine though so seems like an Xbox related issue

1 Like

Tried to search for an update on the windows store and nothing comes up for me (at least yet anyway on PC).

When was your last update/ what version do you have?

When did you start getting this error? What platform?

(Not just asking OP btw)

1 Like

having issues of installing gears 5 on my xbox I had it installed but when I tried to play it it told me it needs updates and said it couldnt update it atm then I uninstall it Now it wont install I keep getting error!

3 Likes

Getting the same error. I’m on Xbox too.

Tired of this broken game, Can’t play on Xbox at all, Unable to launch constant Error update needed but we can’t get it at the moment. What a joke.

5 Likes

Just made the same post. Guess its not just me.

4 Likes

Same, tried all resets still nothing, no update ready under ready to install tab, fixing to just uninstall at this point.

1 Like

I believe there is an update coming today to the game, maybe thats the problem? Either way this just adds to the list haha

2 Likes

Really almost satire at this point isn’t it

2 Likes

Actually laughable !

2 Likes

Yeap same busted game ruined gears. Might just uninstall lmao tried all resets still nothing. Ewsh.

2 Likes

So I am trying to play and I keep getting and error message…”you need this update to play, sorry we can’t get it right now.” What in the crap does this mean?? TIA!!

3 Likes

Same here game is trash r.i.p gears

5 Likes

Xbox, About 5 minutes ago.

2 Likes

I’m trying to play my game but it says “you need an update, we just can’t find it” error code 0x8b050033

2 Likes

I tried that my xbox has no updates I played gears 5 last night just for a bit and this morning it just game me issues

2 Likes

Thanks for the responses, will alert Octus.

Can impacted users try signing out and then back in and letting me know if that helps or not, I searched the error code and that worked for some people but not others in other titles.

3 Likes