Xbox Elite Console shuts off when I open Gears 4

When I open up Gears 4 on my console, the whole Xbox Elite console shuts off the moment I get to the title menu. I performed a hard reset, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and this issue keeps coming back. It doesn’t happen with any other games I play. It also doesn’t happen on my Xbox One S. I had this issue for a few months straight about a year ago, then it completely stopped. Now the issue is back. At first I thought it was my console, so I got a new power supply and even cleaned the fan etc for the old one. At this point I’m at a loss. What’s causing this and is it even fixable?

Data can get corrupted due to memory issues and errors during updates. Sometimes, an issue will persist until an update re-writes over the corrupted sector.

Try contacting MS, let them know that you suspect an error/corruption on your console and see if they can issue a reset online. I don’t know if they do this anymore but it would essentially be like a factory reset on a phone, but I believe MS sends the data online. I think I remember them doing this for me years ago.

1 Like

Are you using an external hard drive or the internal?

I started playing another game for a while, then went back to Gears 4 and I haven’t had the issue sense. Super weird.

2 Likes

Ah, the error was in the ram then. The other game cleared it out when it wrote over the old info in the ram.
Thx for the follow up. Always nice to know how these things resolve.

1 Like

Thanks for providing clarity!

2 Likes