Wow where did everyone go

(Hells 666 Viper) #1

i’ve been playing gears since gears one, played 2, 3, judgement, and 4… judgement went the same way four is going , in the last month the players have been leaving slowly but surely, im in the east coast
in md never had a shortage of players and i got on yesterday and played 6 matches even switched game mode and their were only 1 - 2 people playing and this went on from 7 pm to around 9 pm
wow have the updates and messing with the game really pushed everyone away, aside from the high ping players somehow eating shots and your random cheaters i did not see that coming at least not so soon…

(Omen LP) #2

I know, I saw that too, scary…

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #3

Other games came out. Gears is a tired game now.

(buscobuzzy) #4

Very true a tired game (over 2 years now) but also a company that has not fixed 2 years of problems, players are just getting fed up with the laziness of TC.

(ll R E D l) #5

Its more than that. Look at GTA 5 that game has been out forever and doesnt have a shortage of players. Its TC lack of acknowledgement and lack of fixing the real problems. They toy around with the weapons every month and leave the real problems alone. If TC doesnt fix the real problems gears 5 will be a ghost town as well

(Me0wMix CatFood) #6

I don’t have much trouble finding matches in the US. It really hasn’t changed much in the last year. I do see a lot of the same players more often but the game is far from dead for me.

(thesuicidefox) #7

I’ve moved on to a game called Dead By Daylight. I actually see a lot of people with Gears gamer pics so I’m pretty sure a lot of Gearheads have made the same switch. If you like Gears for the gore/horror aspect, the meta, or the movement mechanics, you would like DBD.

(Duffman GB) #8

UK KOTH player here and I have noticed very little change in the last 18 months.
I play every day from around 6pm, be it for an hour or all night.

I do know some (too many) modes are dead of course and other times of the day I can search for 10+ minutes to get a Hill game, which is very frustrating.

So OP I do take your point but there are still many players.

A greater concern is what countries are being thrown together, thusly effecting the gameplay.

I play, well try and play Gears 3 several times a week, no issue finding TDM or Hill players but I can honestly say that 90% of the very small player base left are playing from Mexico.
It makes the game (which I dearly love) unplayable. Not to sure how I appear to them, but when I go against them, they teleport, take several point blank Gnasher shots without dying, etc…

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #9

I don’t think you can even attempt to compare the two though. GTA has way more fans then GOW has by far. There is always more to do in GTAn with all the updates and modes they do.

(ll R E D l) #10

Yes it has more but thats not the point. The point is that Rockstar acknowledged the major problems when they come up. Some didnt get fixed some did the fact is they acknowledged them, thats why the fans are still there. If Rockstar did what TC did then the game wouldn’t be as popular. The fans of this franchise are walking away because they’ve been complaining for 2 years with nothing done.

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #11

Touche my friend touche…I do hope they learn from this for Gears 5

(mendigo2005) #12

And still they release games with the same old unprecise controls…

(lukebazz91) #13

Gta 5 was terrible online, single player amazing, MP total joke.

(mendigo2005) #14

Nah, despite the odd controls, GTA online is the greatest.

(DLCarr17) #15

East Coast as well but I never struggle to find a game in any mode unless I’m trying Dodgeball/Guardian at 2am or something. However the player base I would guess is probably at its lowest point because the game is over 2 years old.

According to TC however Gears 4 still has more people playing than any other Gears at this point in their life cycle.

Wait until we start to hear Gears 5 news this year and you’ll see a huge jump in the player base as excitement grows in the lead up to launch.

(magicalpig76) #16

I agree. I would be so much more forgiving of this game’s problems if the developers would at least acknowledge them.
I’m speaking mainly of netcode problems. The game has been so bad for me the last 2 nights after a pretty long streak of feeling okay for me. Then at some point last night, I could tell immediately that things had changed. Just trying to jump into battle after the countdown was a challenge. I had to adjust my feel for where the starting gun was. Along with that change, the gameplay changed: getting 1-shot killed from long distances, players not taking damage from my shots. And tonight it has not been any better. Every game has had at least 1 player with a ping approaching 400 (but even players with “only” a 110ms ping were still able to kill me in bizarre and unfair ways.)
My ping to nearest server always shows up as 18ms in Settings>Matchmaking but in game my ping is always around 54ms

(Pressure) #17

I went back to UE in April 2017. I just couldnt get behind seperate tuning and no ranked leaderboards. Not to mention issues that others have had wtih 4 such as high ping players etc. I also ditched Judgment to go back to gears 3 :wink:

(Omen LP) #18

It is true no problem finding games in north america but the team compositions have very wide range of ranks which to me implies not that many players to choose from…(otherwise I’d expect teams made up of more similar ranks… I see teams with a bronze, two silvers, a gold, and an onyx )

I dont think it’s dead, but definitely see a lower player availability… makes sense…

(WAYN3 M) #19

No issues finding games in EU ever in any playlist. Only annoyance is people not sticking in a horde game

(TGLT Clutch) #20

that sounds about right, unless there’s some new fortnite-like hit that pops up.