Worst negative in ranking system?

I Was playing TDM at Gold III, and after a loss this thing appears on my TV…

Has someone experienced a worst negative?:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

No and thank god I haven’t!!!

2 Likes

i got one match where i had 16 eliminations and 0 deaths and got 2 points then we lost a match and i got mvp and had -11

2 Likes

That’s rough buddy. Were you in the COG (favored)?

1 Like

That is F -ing stupid. If that is working as TC intended, it NEEDS to change the system.

I had a game were we had a quitter and lost 2-0. I was surprised to find I lost around 1400 points and de-ranked from Gold 2 to silver 2.

Bare in mind we had won 6 matches before this (I was Gold 1 at the start of that run, jumped to Gold 2) loss and I was rewarded around 1400 points from those 6 games.

1 of them on AFA, I got over 110 eliminations (this is not common, so I was really happy)and 20 caps, we won 2-1 (I think) and I was rewarded with…ZERO points, how Fing soul destroying is that.

The ranking in this games is pathetic overall.

8 Likes

Its hard and frustrating. As a guardian player my best performance s are usually rewarded with negative pts. Just can’t pay attention to rank much less take it seriously :unamused:

3 Likes

“Still won with bad ping” :joy::joy::joy: really??? What a surprise!!! :joy::joy::joy:. Another Artist who thinks he is good with a thrash ping which makes him sponge Every damn Shot.

2 Likes

No mate I was playing in the Locust team :frowning:

1 Like

-8716 on a win

4 Likes

A few thousand lost in a match for me yesterday too. I wonder if they changed something again

1 Like

I might have not lost that much but just lost 1200 in diamond 2… all the way back down to onyx from one game. About the third or fourth time this has happened. Finding masters impossible!!!

1 Like

This isnt recent but I think I hold the trophy for most point lost in a match

8 Likes

“Still won with a bad ping Ez” man this community is getting more toxic day after day

2 Likes

This community

You haven’t played many PvP games have ya?

You legit beat me out, I tip my hat to you

1 Like

I did, and this along with the Dark Souls community are the worst

I would argue that the Soulsborne community is a little better. At least in that game the whole point of Invasions is to troll people. Fight clubs in Dark Souls are an amazing piece of emergent gameplay, orderly and respectable.

Agreed on fight clubs

I find that a lot of the time if the ranking system throws either a large negative or positive number it is because it is trying to realign the player. The reason for this can be that TC made an adjustment and you hadn’t played that mode since then or didn’t play enough matched to recalibrate. Note that it generally will only move you up or down one rank at a time meaning that this process can take several matches.

I played 2v2 prior to the adjustment and was ranked Silver 3 I believe. After the ranking changes were made I proceeded to rank up every match by very large amounts until I was Masters. This recalibration took around 10 matches to move through all the ranks.

At this point, the ranking system isn’t working that badly. The biggest issues that currently exist are that recalibration won’t surpass more than one rank at a time and when you do well but lose it will do some of the most ridiculous math to yield zero points. Then of course the fact that placement matches are 100% pointless if they aren’t going to take the previous season into account.

The placements need to only kick in if you haven’t played Gears in a while. That way it makes sense to see if your skills have faded.