Will we finally get what we want in season 6?

…namely, the Onyx Guard. And of course the a followup Esports supporter pack featuring the Black Steel variant

Edit: I meant season 6, not 5 lol

1 Like

No.

2 Likes

Curse you Envi! I hate it when you’re right!

1 Like

I was hoping for two esports packs for this event, similar to the last one which was a surprise as we got the lambent and then palace guard packs.

However, with Gary showing up, I think TC will complete the Carmine set and offer Ben too at some point, which means there is a chance that we could get another one or two esports events.

Perhaps April / May time and then one last one to send off Gears in July / August with September being used to promote Gears 5 which will more than likely release in October 2019.

So perhaps another 1-3 packs left :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Ben would be really great. I’m actually surprised that Gary came first.

1 Like

Yeah, the one no one wanted and hardly even looks Black Steel in the game :laughing:

1 Like

Lol! I think that him and Griffin are the worst BS COG versions

2 Likes

For sure.

And since supporter 9 or 10, the lights must have become too expensive because rather than Black Steel it just looks like Matte Steel in game.

Like where did all the cool light designs go :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha! I think it depends on the character though. For example; I think the Palace Guard looks better with less lights. It gives him a more menacing look. I dunno, that’s just me

Maybe I like the Tron style but Armoured Kantus for example literally has no lights.

BS Tai has a fantastic design and I don’t like the plain Black Steel look, guess it’s preference :blush::v:

1 Like

If they didn’t do Onyx Guard for the current esports (which will be used during the big Mexico event) then I don’t see any hope for it. Not that I care, I don’t like helmeted characters, but it’s fascinating to me how easy it would be to please the majority of Gears players, but we get things people laugh at.

1 Like

Gary Carmine being a perfect example of this.
I honestly don’t think TC could be this ignorant of the wants of their customers if they tried!
Granted,the Theron pack was a pretty good move (albeit, I didn’t get any of them)

1 Like

Theron packs surprised me. Looks good, 3 variations, didn’t take a lot of effort on their part (recycled physical components) but they don’t LOOK recycled. I really respect what they did there, even though I personally won’t use the skins.

I’ve no clue who the sales and/or marketing director at TC is but, as a business owner, I’m extremely curious. I’m pretty certain it’s someone who wears many hats and doesn’t have to answer for poor decisions in relation to the packs. So many missed opportunities.

1 Like

That is a very good observation.
I usually don’t like to talk crap on TC, but their marketing department is doing a very lackluster job, to say in the least.
Now I do understand that the majority of TC is working on 5, and I am assuming that most of the revenue is goes in that direction as well. But it would be nice to have some original content once in a while.
The Stalker Kantuses where really good examples of that.

1 Like

David! :open_mouth: how dare you make a thread like this…

1 Like

Hahahah! Come on, I of all people deserve to make a thread like this!:rofl:

Saw your update on 2v2. That’s fantastic.There have been times were I’ve dramatically lost % in a playlist, and I just give up on it. So props to you for sticking it out bro!:+1:

1 Like

I’m only joking, just saying that in case I make one in the future :rofl: but yeah my mate has been helping me out a lot. All I’m going to play until I get Diamond Master, I need that emblem in my life. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Dude! That emblem is killer!!!

1 Like

5 Likes

That is so perfect!!!1