Will we be happy with horde in op5?

With the announcement of the uncoupling of characters and classes for op5 will people be happy with horde? I love the class system and don’t really care who I play as so this system has really been really enjoyable to me and I want it to return in 6. If we have tons of characters and about 20 different classes will the masses finally be happy?

Horde is definitely beginning to move in the right direction.

2 Likes

Yes right direction. The amount of people who want it this way outweigh the people that like it the way it is now IMO. I am happy with the the new change coming in a few months. I can finally get back into playing Horde as I played a good amount in 4.

2 Likes

No !!!

Not too bothered about the uncoupling of characters and classes, what I really want is new base defenses, new weapons, new enemies (not robots), new bosses, a wave intensity option etc etc

We didn’t get any of these in gears 4 horde so I am not too optimistic.

Beast and overrun mode would be awesome also.

2 Likes

I agree but like you said I doubt they will change this for 5. Hopefully they focus on new defenses and more enemies in 6.

1 Like

It’s difficult to say. The freedom in terms of customisation is welcome but how it will play out with the hero system’s ultimates remains to be seen.

It’s been said before, but I wouldn’t exactly want a DeeBee running around with Cole’s ultimate activated. There should at least be some ultimates restricted to their respective characters. Cole is the obvious one. The more generic ultimates, like Cloak and Shield for example, should be in the group that can be applied to any character.

I suppose we’ll just have to wait and see.

1 Like

I think it has to be all or nothing. I personally am happy with it the way it is and think its crazy to reverse course a year after release but hopefully it keeps the mode popular until 6 comes out.

1 Like

Yes I’m dying for new enemies !:pray:

1 Like

No, scrapping the hero system will not turn out well.

people cry out for it but in the long run we’ll see it only made sense for it to stay the way it is cause of ultimates which was never in Gears 4

It may seem crazy, but this is a almost 14 year old franchise with a unique style of design and play. Drastic changes at this stage are really not welcomed by the community who love Gears for being, well, Gears.

Gears 5’s launch is evidence of that.

I loved the way horde was on Gears 3 and learned to love on Gears 4, I think if they put one of those Gears horde mecanics it would be good for me

1 Like

Im happy how it is and hate these changes coming.
It will be harder for me to play with randoms because i play horde like it was designed, Fahz is the sniper, Baird the engineer with DR1 and so on.
If i host a game i think i will kick all instantly who using the new soulless system.
TC is destroying their vision of the hero system, it makes me so sad.

1 Like