Will these ever return?

Am I the only one that misses weapons like the gorgon pistol, ink grenade and Scorcher? (flamethrower)

Was disappointed when I first played this game to find out they were gone aside from not having two versions of the hammer burst (semi-auto and burst)

7 Likes

I miss every weapon, Execution, Character and Map not present in Gears 4.

Maybe Gears 5.

6 Likes

You’re not the only one. I also miss the One-Shot and Sawed Off.

3 Likes

I miss server browsers.

3 Likes

Sawed-Off Triple/Multi Kills :blue_heart:

3 Likes

I want them back so much!

Pick the map, mode, bleedout time and so on.

Plus you see who’s in the lobby so no need to keep dashing game after game …

Yeah, those were cool. I would down someone then hope their team mates comes along. Then boom! Multi-kills.

1 Like

Yes!!

Use people as bait :grimacing::v:

2 Likes

Digger was a good weapon.

7 Likes

Munching away it was really good!

I miss the Gears 2 Gorgon. I legit had over 100k kills with it.

3 Likes

I miss the Boomshield. It was excellent in Horde Mode.

Judgment had some good weapons though. They had Tripwire Crossbow. Breechshot as well.

3 Likes

Hammerbusrt and sawed-off… I used the sawed-off as a counter when I had higher ping… This way I was still able to kill people… Hammerburst was always my go to, I never liked the idea of using my gnasher at mid to long range, and I found the hammerburst was much more effective at long range compared to the lancer, the good ol days (Gears 3).

I liked the breachshot actually, I found it strange they carried over the markza but not the breachshot inplace of the embar… though imho, the embar is much more effective and we don’t really need 3 sniper rifles…

2 Likes

Yeah I should’ve listed those as well.

Gears of War 3 was the best of weapons, period. Gears of War 4 was a significant downgrade if you ask me. Is there anyone that actually enjoys the Overkill?

The Digger was the most fun to use, but who didn’t love the Scorcher execution?

Also the two versions of the Hammerburst should’ve at least been present in the Campaign. Story-wise it made no sense for only a Burst Hammerburst to be present.

1 Like

The Burst version of Gorgon pistol combined with boomshield was godlike in horde during Gears 2.

3 Likes

I used the same tactic in Guardian :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, I remember that! Soon as you got those actives you knew -beep- was going down. :joy:

1 Like

The bar for that weapon also never changed, it was super easy to hit the perfect active every time

2 Likes

Exactly, and by the sounds of it you could do it with your eyes closed. :joy: