Gears Forums

Will there be an option to forward/Share Horde Waves Bonus within the same Team/Session?(Gears 5)

horde

(Noble Guardian) #1

Hello follow comrades,

Reading many topics complaining about missing Horde Skills Cards for longtime, and the distributions of Horde Bonuses might be a jackpot or totally unfair, I’d like to see the option of sharing it within the same team or session in the upcoming title, Gears 5.

Your insight is highly appreciated.

Cheers,

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #2

That is a good idea. But wouldn’t that kinda make classes obsolete? For example; if everyone had Explosive Weapon Damage, they could all just pick up Dropshots, and be just as powerful as the Heavy. Also, That
opens the possibility to have 25 stacked skill cards. Which, in my personal opinion, would make everyone far too powerful

Dude, don’t say that…this isn’t the Soviet Union :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin:

(Noble Guardian) #3

Hey mate,

Let me rephrase my topic again :slight_smile:

Instead of scrapping the Bonus cards when it’s unnecessary, I’d like to forward it to somebody who in needs for completing his sets.
I’ve seen it in The Division game.

P.S: Your last comment sounds legit :smile:

Cheers,

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #4

Ohhhhh ok! I’m sorry, I completely misunderstood what you were saying🤦‍♂️ My bad.

Lol, I know😜

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #5

So yeah, that is a really good idea. I also believe that should apply to weapon skins and characters as well.
Maybe implement some form of trade?

(Fatalist Flames) #6

I’d be fine with this concept. It’d help some possible players like myself who are still missing a few Horde Skill cards.

(Ektope) #7

So let’s say Gears 5 just came out. It was the early horde matches. At the moment, each team member would get a card at wave 30, 40 and 50. Not sure about 20. This is for wave 1 to 50 variant. Who’s gonna complain about missing horde skill cards, when they’re building up their collection?

The distribution was basically luck and RNG, getting common, rare or epic. Higher chance of epic on harder difficulties.

So if someone plays horde with two accounts or guest account, they could distribute the guest’s account cards toward their main, as some sort of way to boost card collection?

Sharing cards is basically trading. It’s gonna help people get all the cards much quicker, sure. But at the same, some people might prefer the challenge of collecting them all themselves. Or just spending scrap like in Gears 4, also encouraging people to buy featured, horde, operations packs.

If someone shares their cards, are they giving away or trading as in swapping around cards?

It always had been necessary to scrap cards or break them down for scrap value. Until collected pretty much every card, or to level 6. And they could be saved for future content in form of featured packs, like in Gears 4.

I doubt trading will happen anyway.

(Noble Guardian) #8

It always had been necessary to scrap cards or break them down for scrap value. Until collected pretty much every card, or to level 6. And they could be saved for future content in form of featured packs, like in Gears 4.

There will be a time when everyone will set on a mountain of scraps without even using them, as my current account which has over 300K that I don’t even use.

So if someone plays horde with two accounts or guest account, they could distribute the guest’s account cards toward their main, as some sort of way to boost card collection?

Boosting accounts is noticeable, and avoidable as per IP’s strict rule to prevent it in the same session.

Sharing cards is basically trading. It’s gonna help people get all the cards much quicker, sure. But at the same, some people might prefer the challenge of collecting them all themselves. Or just spending scrap like in Gears 4, also encouraging people to buy featured, horde, operations packs.

Where is the challenge in that? In my opinion, It’s not challenging to go through luck and RNG.

(Fatalist Flames) #9

I agree about the “challenge” - I know it’s not but RNG needs to stay away, period. Especially if it’s blocking certain parts (Horde skills) from a mode & not strictly cosmetic. It’s part of the reason I’m still on the fence, well more on the side of NO, at the moment regarding Gears 5.

(Ektope) #10

At least it makes the game more difficult. And lasts the game longer, before someone says they’ve got 100% completion through all the hard, time consuming work and progress in-game.

(Noble Guardian) #11

At least it makes the game more difficult. And lasts the game longer, before someone says they’ve got 100% completion through all the hard, time consuming work and progress in-game.

In my opinion, that’s illogical as game’s contents and in-game rewards are what drive the community to spend more time in the game, and extend its life-cycle.

Moreover, it’s a double edge sword, as many will get disappointed and tend to think it is pointless to spend uncountable hours just for one card to show up.

(mizzelphug) #12

OR …hear me out …or we do away with the card system altogether. Otherwise the focus shifts from gameplay to card collecting.

Do away with that class system and have skill/abilities increase based on merit similar to the ranking system.
So if you just stand around doing nothing while your team struggles, you get nothing.
If you GI Joe it out there and repeatedly keep dying leaving the team down a man each wave, you also get penalized.

I still like the concept of the fabricator though so find a way to make that work.