Gears Forums

Why should wins count at all in your rank? Doesn't individual performance determine how good you are?

(IDONTuseMODz) #141

The title of this thread confuses me. Your individual performance does matter. Not only your performance relative to your teammates/the enemy, but also your performance relative to how you normally perform (ie how the matchmaker “expects” you to perform).

That’s why if you’ve ever noticed after a loss that you played really well in, your rank probably didn’t go down despite you losing.

(Cocoa Pistolero) #142

IMO if you’re not on a stacked team your ranking should go down even if you win. And if you’re on a stacked team your ranking should go up even if you lose. That way the stupidity of the current system will be codified into the actual mechanics of the ranking system and there won’t be any surprises.

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #143

What. The. Heck. Are. You. Talking. About?!?!

(GB6 Kazuya) #144

IMO you should take that opinion and gently squeeze it up whereth the sun doth not shine.

(Cocoa Pistolero) #145

Not sure what wasn’t clear about what I said. Which part was confusing for you. The words part?

(Cocoa Pistolero) #146

That’s not a real argument.

(GB6 Kazuya) #147

For it to be an argument would imply that there is a possibility of me being wrong.

I refer you back to my previous post.

(Al Bundy 33hero) #148

It was not that way when this thread was made many months ago. I’d like to think the popularity of this thread helped contribute to the progress that’s been made.

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #149

Nope, you were perfectly clear. Now please, never speak or think of your ranking idea ever again. Thank you

(CrashOkami) #150

I wholeheartedly agree. I play King of the Hill exclusively, and it gets on my nerves when I lose rank because of a loss; I just came off of a match where I was MVP by a ~2.000 margin, with a ~14.000 points tally, and I lost % because we lost the game 2-1. Mind you, I also had the “Most Points in Ring” ribbon, which, if nothing else, shows (the game) I went for the objective instead of TDMing it.

But no, it’s not enough apparently. I don’t know how the algorithms calculate everything, but it seems they’re biased against individual performances/solo players. I don’t think it’s fair to be expected to carry the entire team in order to secure a positive percentage post-match, if you’re a solo player. Might as well quit it.

(III EnVii III) #151

Not true. It’s actually easier for Solo players to rank up in the sense that it won’t be biased against you for having higher ranked players in your squad.

(CrashOkami) #152

III EnVii III
Not true. It’s actually easier for Solo players to rank up in the sense that it won’t be biased against you for having higher ranked players in your squad.

I’ll take your word for it, as I honestly don’t know how exactly the system works. But most of the times, I just see it punishes me more than it rewards me for doing good solo. I can’t talk about groups or how teammates’ ranks affect me, as I almost never group up with others.

(III EnVii III) #153

It’s not hard to understand, if you want to gain higher ranks then you have to be getting the most kills in a match and winning the match 2-0.

That is literally it.

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #154

Dude, these forums will be the death of you

(Cocoa Pistolero) #155

I agree with you that nothing you’re saying has any real point.

Not an argument.

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #156

Nope. No argument needed

(GB6 Kazuya) #157

(III EnVii III) #158

:joy:

I agree! :see_no_evil:

(Dabbbs) #159

Win all the rounds and don’t go negative and you’ll rank up easier have fun with that though …