Why no love for hammy?

Where is the beloved hammyburst? Why isn’t it a map pickup? Is it balancing related? Why does it matter if it’s stronger than the lancer, it’s a map pick up now? I miss the hammy :disappointed_relieved: Also enough with the GL lancer. It’s on most maps and littered all over the campaign.

4 Likes

They didn’t make enough maps to be able to place all the weapons :joy:

11 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the reason

1 Like

Oh I’m dead serious :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t think it is balancing related as there is a map where you can get the Claw which has just lots of bullets per charger and kills with like 5 bullets even without active reload.

BTW I would change how the Claw works in multiplayer. You pick it up unloaded. Only one load of ammo. No active reload pluses.

Put it as a loadout weapon where it belongs. The hammerburst is different now than gears 4 and needs to be added to the loadout selection. As of right now that option doesn’t exist and we have a “select loadout” screen. What’s the point? Add it please. Put the hammerburst back into gears of war!

6 Likes

Agreed Hammerburst was great in Gears 4 till all the whiners came out and made it a pick up weapon.

4 Likes

Exactly… Worst decision made for Gears 4 by TC back then.
I did not bother for Gears 4 after that anymore

2 Likes

I’m so happy people feel that way. I’m sorry to be negative about it, but I’m seriously salty that they took out a beloved (by many)weapon.

I would love the hammerburst back. I don’t think a lot of people would have a problem with it if it is balanced correctly. And the HB is a lot less accurate now anyway. Could totally work.

2 Likes

Dont you dare talk negative about the Freedom Lancer

2 Likes

Not clear why they think we want less weapon option to start with. I want multiple load outs of balanced weapons. I guess we complain so much about the gnasher and lancer they didn’t want to piss more people off.

2 Likes

Yeah it is really strange that the ONLY base loadout “weapon” we can change are non lethal grenades…

2 Likes

Let freedom ring

1 Like

If it’s not the gears 3 hammy I don’t care for it

1 Like

i wish they made it so you can choose your starting weapon like they did way back

1 Like

Yup, been saying it for awhile now. Since gears 4. It’s variety. Different play styles. Keeps the game fresh.

I’m indifferent to the hammy being a starting weapon, but it should be a map pick up. We should also have game type variants like in halo, So, for example, every now and then instead of playing standard TDM, we can play hammerburst TDM and what not, where everyone spawns with a hanmy instead of a lancer.

Perhaps to change the maps they should have weapon sets for each map. Eg hammy instead of Bolton. Drop instead of gl. Snipe instead of tork. Shock instead of flame or frags. Etc . It would make the 7 of 12 maps vary a bit.
Maybe test it on QuickPlay?

Or maybe add a third weapon set to the cycle already used for each map.

1 Like