Gears Forums

Why is there nothing to play for this season?

(Mr Perkinator) #1

Gears 4 is in its dying days, it’s replay value went south a long time ago and rank was one of the very few things to play for, most people including me have already earned their diamond skins

yes there is this new ebelem (which I’ve heard you only get for Diamond 5 in all modes) which only 10-20 people besides pro players will be able to earn

We don’t need a diamond character, but a incentive to play ranked would be nice, even a reskin (which is all we’ve got in the way of characters in the past 6 months)

Please give us a incentive to play before your games population drops below Gears 3s

(Me0wMix CatFood) #2

I won’t argue against your point, but I’ll share my perspective which is that NONE of the skins, rewards, etc they’ve offered in the last 9 months have given me incentive to play. I play because I enjoy the game, that’s it.

There was a time when I’d play EXTRA to get packs like Myrrah, Skorge, etc. But, it’s been a while since they put out anything that motivated me to that extent. I just play for the fun of the game now.

(GB6 Kazuya) #3

What? Fun? How? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Omen LP) #4

For fun, man!! For the joy of the game… For the challenge of getting better…

Ohh, wait, ok, lets pretend I am talking to my 5 year old son: yes, there is a little toy in it for you too, you just don’t yet know what that toy will be…

(Fatalist Flames) #5

Could have sworn they said in the last developer stream that they’re announcing a new character to play for soon.

Doesn’t matter much to me as I only got 22% in the Ruby challenge & 25% in the Emerald one. I am curious just to see (if they go through with it) which character they select to get some special treatment.

(Bleeding Pepper) #6

The character will be announced a little further down the line. Maybe even this week.

Neither the Scion or Female Gear characters were announced right away at the start of their respective seasons. They were both announced a couple of weeks after the season started.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #7

They mentioned they were going to do something different this time, something “better”. Seemed to be something along the lines of an earnable character but they didn’t specify other than it wouldn’t be the same thing.

(Fatalist Flames) #8

If it’s along the lines of Classic Golden Gear (points) or just not too grindy, then that’d be cool.

(Bleeding Pepper) #9

Yeah, they specifically said a few things across two or three streams.

(1) There will be just one character, not two.

(2) It will not be a jewel encrusted variant of an existing character.

(3) It will be in the same vein as Aaron Griffin (whatever that means. Probably an unreleased character that has yet to appear in GOW4?)

(Me0wMix CatFood) #10

Hopefully a colorblast generic COG bejeweled with Scion backne crystals.

(GearsCharacters) #11

There been 4 characters unlock by playing Horde
Aaron Griffin
Cheetah Swarm Drone
Snow Leopard Swam Drone
Tiger Swarm Drone

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #12

Well, THERE’S ONLY ONE CHARACTER THAT MEETS ALL THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS…THE BLACK STEEL ONYX GUARD!

You’re welcome everyone

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #13

Did you recently slip on some ice and hit your head?

(Me0wMix CatFood) #14

Crazy how you knew that… :flushed:

(EVIL 0NE) #28

Hey everyone…

Not the place to do have these kind of posts, trolls, etc etc… Will be closing this, and has gone way off topic.

Thank you.

(EVIL 0NE) closed #29