Why is coalition seperating the community to those who have boost and not?

Now every weekend , there’s double star boost events and only for players with active boosts. This is pretty unfair to players who don’t have boosts considering tour of duty is a core part of playing gears 5.

Its not splitting the community. You either have boost or you dont. It was said in the beginning that boost was gonna be able to double the stars at some point

4 Likes

Eh, don’t you have an understanding on the difference between have and don’t have? Aka splitting community into 2. Boost for xp don’t have much impact as compared to boost with the stars since Tour of duty is time limited. Now it’s a freaking weekly event?

I agree. I have boost (for now, from Game Pass), so I don’t care (for now). But I’d still do whatever I can to complete the tour before it ends because I don’t want to pay for boost after it expires

2 Likes

Is it separating the community like say 2 different tunings? Or a map pack? No. Its an intensive to buy boost. It was said before the game was released that boost would give double stars at some point.

The ToD is 3 months. Its not like it ends in a week

6 Likes

Thought it’d be obvious by now what motivates tc to do ANYTHING.

3 Likes

Just buy a single day of boost when you feel like doing the double stars.

2 Likes

The whole boost system kills it, once mine is up and I’m getting ■■■■ exp then nothing will seem worthwhile and I will eventually lose interest. Because I’m not falling for the mtx trap that’s been set

1 Like

Wow I did not know this. Thought it was for everyone. Always disappointing news from this company.

4 Likes

Well if it’s a big deal, then don’t play the game.

1 Like

They want you to want boost. They want you to buy boost - and they are the ones selling it.

5 Likes

You don’t have to boost, always loads of time to do the tour without those few extras stars

2 Likes

£$E obviously

Why do people in first class get champagne? It’s not fair! Sure, they pay a lot more than people in coach let us ignore that, but everyone should get everything for free!!! Champagne is also essential for flying, there is no way we get to the destination without it, completely ruining the experience! CAN I SPEAK TO A MANAGER!?

4 Likes

Hahahahahaha! Well said! I understand your point and you are right! For myself, I will not buy boost but this is my choice! ToD is 3 months and plus the medal challenges, you have enough time to get everything without boosting.

Well you still get the tour if Duty but not double stars if you don’t boost. I think the intention here is that the double stars is part of a boost initiative. So like all other perks of boost this is another perk. Buy some boost if you’re short on stars for your tour… Simples

Of course they are… It’s called capitalism

That’s what TC needs, even more encouragement for people to drop Gears 5 lol. #fanboys #winning

You’re perfect fit to work at TC’s PR department though.

3 Likes

I’m sure I am. Thanks for the vote. I guess this forum is lucky I am not a moderator huh?

2 Likes

Get a rockstar energy drink or chips a hoy cookies and get codes for a days worth of boost,or on ebay you can buy a code and get a days worth of boost plus extras,and if you buy more then one code they will stack up adding another day for each one you get.plus on ebay many are offering the codes for less then the boost in the store prices.