Why I can’t use my Benjamin Firestarter?

Hi everyone, Please help me. Why I can’t use my character? I have buyed but I can’t select.

You need to unlock the base model first.

Why, I have paid for this.

It’s a character skin not the actual character. As Belkain said, you need the base character in order to switch skins.

Welcome to the community OP😎

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

This.
Don’t worry, unlocking a character won’t take long.

The game actually warns you of this if you go to buy a skin for a character you don’t have yet.

4 Likes

Yes, that is does.

1 Like

And the store explicitly tells you that you don’t own the character yet. Which you have to accept before purchasing the skin.

I don’t understand the confusion at this point

Game - you have to unlock the character before you can use this skin

Customer - proceeds to hold a to confirm this

Customer - WHY CANT I USE THIS SKIN

Yes its a crap system but you are warned

8 Likes

How the OP doesn’t know this by now, I couldn’t help but wonder if they was trolling, sadly I don’t think they was but wow.

2 Likes

Definitely not. New users come on here asking the same question with each new character. Also why people come here baffles me, this isn’t the Gears official forums

3 Likes

That’s pretty funny ■■■■■■■■ is censored lmao

But dickheads isn’t lmfaoo

1 Like

Unlock the character.

I’d say fastest way is to play social versus bots, shouldn’t take too long.

Since it’s a game pass game they charge for everything. I’m just guessing that. It does suck since I paid $110 for my copy & a game pass user gets the exact same stuff I got, that was supposed to be exclusive… but that’s another topic…

To use Firestarted Ben, please burn down 10 buildings! :fire::fire::fire:

It’ll take long if you don’t have the scrap to craft a totem.

My advice for Game Pass users is to also get Gears 4, get to the main menu (maybe play a match), then boot up Gears 5 for loyalty rewards, which gives you scrap.

1 Like

If you are talking about the road to Gears than that finished a long time ago

No I’m not. I’m talking about basic loyalty rewards anybody can get for playing Gears 4. I did it for two of my guest accounts.

1 Like