Why has ping been so bad lately?

I have great internet and usually always around 15-30 ping but now almost every other match it’s on the hundreds. Any idea what’s going on?

2 Likes

It’s an issue TC is working on it’s been happening to me as well. Ping ranges from 24 to 240 and sometimes higher.

1 Like

Ok thanks for the info

Wow I don’t feel so bad anymore then if even on a good connection you still have ping problems. I’m on 4G fluctuating from 90-140 ping. Feels kinda rough in PvP, but PvE has been playable.

Afaik Dana also admitted that they lowered tolerance for the faster pings - setting. And it shows.

2 Likes

Because this game is simply terrible. Connections are terrible, which is a package deal including such delights as poor hit detection, packet loss and relentless lag compensation for the most scummiest of players.

5 Likes

Have seen an increase in matchmaking search times these past days too.

I do believe they mentioned this somewhat recently. It helps people in areas with low populations but it does come at the expense of higher population regions, namely the US getting drawn into more distant regions like Europe for example. Usually the bulk of players will have high ping and a couple or even one will have a low ping as the player(s) close to the server in the distant region (distant to the players with the high ping).

2 Likes

They’ve opened up the regions because the player pool is soooooo small

2 Likes

So after a year of launch is it going to get fixed yet?

Depends what region your playing on

Nope. It’ll just be added to “the list”.

1 Like

Mine jumps from 40 to 100 to 400 to 800 highest 1000 lmao! And I live in the U.S :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Must be my internet provider?
I’m starting to wonder after watching this post :thinking:

1 Like

Are you wireless or Ethernet cord? On wireless my ping can jump around like crazy sometimes. On wired it stays steady. Usually 40-70 on a US server and 100-120 on a distant server (Europe or South America). I live in central Canada.

This explains it! I’ve noticed such a decline in my game connections lately

1 Like

We should be able to choose which region we want to play on. I’m US East and I should be able to select that if I choose to

2 Likes

Go to settings -> match making and select low ping instead of faster matchmaking(which might be default). More often than not, server will be from your region and u should have less than 30 ms ping

Mines is wireless but I noticed the lag jumping crazy this week ,
my ping usually was 40 a 100 the highest :rofl::rofl::rofl:

If you can, I recommend going wired. It’s much more consistent.

1 Like

It’s 9nly my opinion but I’m in the UK and my ping is generally around 15 but im matched with ppl at 120+ and when i look at their GT it says US or mexico so that tells me that they’ve opened them up.