Gears Forums

Why G5 Coop vs AI is just NOT FUN (video)

I am a huge fun of Coop vs AI as a pleasant way to get some Gears fix…

I played about 2h of it last night, in GoW4 (Hardcore)… Many games, all TDM… I think once, MAYBE twice I found myself rolling my eyes, and saying “yeah, ok, sure, game” for some in game or Ai behavior. Most of the time I was the only human in the game, like this:

I switched to G5 because I was not getting ANY option to play KOTH, no matter what I did… KOTH is my preferred mode… I was playing TDM, all I only ever saw were options to switch to Arms Race or Dodgeball, never KOTH, never Guardian (which I don’t play anyway).

OMG…in G5, EVERY coop game, EVERY ONE I would be saying things like “ohhh, FU game,” or “ohhh, thank you SO much Ryan, for this”, or whatever…

The laser bot lancers… their xray vision… how they react to my actions as soon as I press fire even before any animation starts…

Here are some examples, just from a handful of games, in ONE evening, but this happens all the time, and is a HUGE turn off for me…

I LIKE playing against bot, I was one of the few of my GoW4 ‘friends’ who did.

I absolutely do NOT enjoy G5 Coop, no matter what the diff level, it’s just stupid, it feels so unbalanced, it’s almost like Horde now…

Do they really think people LIKE THIS??

It reallty feels like TC totally forgot that the game has to be FUN… If I want to play an unbalanced game against AI I will play Horde… That’s NOT what Coop is supposed to be like…

Barf…

P.s. it wasn’t performance, I was still MVPing, I was just not enjoying it , at all:

1 Like

There are some AI updates coming in TU 4.1

Agreed, but those deal with how quickly AI kills a downed player, I don’t think they are addressing the other things (mostly the lancer is the problem, for me, I can deal with/work around everything else, but the insane lancer accuracy combined with the fact that they see you through walls and open fire the INSTANT you become visible (sometimes even before), means it’s impossible to get anywhere close to them a lot of the time… No bloom, no recoil…

Force them to use gnashers, that will make a huge difference…

BTW, I really like that bots don’t race you for pickup weapons now, like they did in GoW4, that’s a big improvement to Coop, for sure… but get rid of the insane level of lancer accuracy/fire…

They use gnasher quite abit on the harder difs I’ve noticed