Why does Gears 4 and 5 Run so terrible?

I had just recently installed Gears of War 4 a few days before the launch of the Gears 5, Hoping that I would be able to complete the Gears 4 campaign before the launch of Gears 5. I had beaten Gears 1, 2 , 3 many years ago and I figured I would give the new games a try. First off, I have a $2500 PC with some of the best pieces of equipment that you can get today for $2500. I have no need to state specific hardware other than the fact that what I have now, I know should be running the game at 144fps Minimum at 1080p. Why do I know this? Because I have a friend with literally the exact same PC part for part and the only difference is that he is playing in 2k. So you’d think that he would be getting worse frames right? Wrong. Even on the lowest settings I get below 40fps and drops down to 10fps. This is unacceptable. It doesn’t help that the launcher limits download speed and the game being 133GB. So after reinstalling it twice, I figured I’d just give up, Thought to myself, maybe I will download Gears 5 hoping that said issue would be fixed, Turns out, not the case, it was slightly better but worse than 60fps average still. I have no idea how to fix it, and I know its not on my end. I run games that are at least 2-3x more intensive on both CPU, GPU, and Ram. and have no issues with anything else other than the Gears series. This needs to be fixed and looked into.

I’ve seen a few people have this issue now. Mind posting your specs so the community can try and narrow down the cause?

For reference, I get about 100>180fps at 1440p with a mix of ultra and high settings (bloom off, ambient occlusion off, light shafts medium) with the following hardware:

CPU: i7-4790k @4.6ghz
GPU: Evga GeForce RTX 2060 Ultra Gaming 6gb @ 2025mhz (core)
RAM: 20gb DDR3 @1866mhz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus z97-p
STORAGE: 512gb SSD,

I had the same performance with the latest Nvidia driver and the driver before it.

1 Like