Gears Forums

Why do people drop from Horde?

Is it just me or do you find yourself with 3 or less players after 3-10 rounds of Horde. The social Horde play is so bad that I’ve had to start planning my Horde matches days in advance just to make it to wave 20. Yes I could beat all 50 waves with 2 or three people but it takes hours. Why people???

2 Likes

Are you playing public matches or going through the custom lobbies? I think you will find that custom lobbies will offer players more dedicated to staying the whole match. No guarantee though, people will still quit from lobbies but then the slots can at least be backfilled. It may also depend on the playstyle in your matches, I will usually stay whole matches but if I end up in a match where the engineer prioritizes sentries over lockers, or my stuff keeps disappearing from lockers I won’t hesitate to quit and find a better match.

3 Likes

Because it’s fuckn boring! Until we get some new maps…

1 Like

Ditto. If I join a lobby full of people who don’t seem to have a clue, I’d happily leave.

Also, some people genuinely get disconnected. Some get bored. Others just can’t stay for the whole duration which can be up to 3-4 hours depending on difficulty.

1 Like

Sadly, I don’t think new maps will do much while 90% of matches played are on Exhibit and Gears 4 maps and only occasionally on the others with Allfathers Arena or District seeming to be popular picks, unless they are accepted into the pool of the “easy” maps(urgh). I mean, how do people not get bored of doing the same 4-5 maps all the time for 6+ months?

Yeah now you mention. I joined a lobby last week, i play mostly Kait or Lahni or Fahz. Every time a Del joined he started to buy only barriers and sentries, we wrote that “locker pls” and nothing. After we repeated our message he yelled to his mic” f off” then left. And this wasn’t my first bad experience with engineers

Totally. Even if there’s no JD, a locker is needed for whatever other character is there. Often this isn’t an issue and I tend to come across this quite rarely. A Forge usually comes first followed by a locker and a couple of barriers depending on the map. It should be common sense but some people don’t realise the effect that lack of lockers has on the team. I do think that TAC-COM should enable you to see team mates’ ammo too. If engineers had a way of knowing then maybe they’d realise.

1 Like

Gamepass gives us lobbys full of idiots that don’t/ know how to play gears…truth is it’s always been the same on public matches and the new “ToD” tour of duty system doesn’t help as people get what they need and drop out…add loads of friends who play reguarly and you’ll be fine…“i’ve never met a bad player on the forums”…just saying…add me if you like dude

3 Likes

Oh that’s a good idea what you wrote. But i think he doesn’t care in that case either. I played as engineer in 4 and never bought sentries, only decoys because i wanted the other to get a chance in killing, on the other hand i ran into a lot engineers who spammed sentries in 4 too. I think they continue in 5 what they started in 4. You remember the ones who played in 3, save their money then bought a silverback and after 3-4 waves they left? I hate that type and they are that engineers who spam sentries and just care for themselves. It’s a team based mode not selfish mode

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve encountered this a lot. Last night I started a custom match and players started joining as the waves went and we were full team around wave 4. Then throughout the match players dropped off and new ones came. Though we finished wave 50 a full team none of the original players were there. They had been replaced multiple times during the match.

I am finding it most annoying to build a forge for a Jack that quits around wave 15, especially if no new Jack joins. It’s also annoying having players desperately wanting you to instantly build them a level 4 locker just to have them quit on you as soon as they’ve got it. One positive thing I must mention though is the possibility for players to join an ongoing match.

Are you playing on console or PC? There is a “looking for game” feature built into Xbox Live which is pretty active right now for Gears 5. It’s hit-or-miss sometimes but you can usually pick up a team for 1-50 without quitting.

I don’t do public matches anymore, just custom with some sort of non threatening invitation. I have to keep three characters leveled up tho as I never know what roles are allocated before I join (poor Fahz is the last resort). I notice in some verses matches there is some pre-match info which is handy. Do the same for horde.

It takes a looong time to finish a horde. If I want to play 20-30 waves, I put that in the kludgy title message so people aren’t surprised if they choose to join and I have to leave. That’s if I’m hosting. The come and go thing is OK as a host. I expect it now. If I have to leave early, I do private solo matches for practice. The problem with solo matches now is that there is no one single be all char to go with. So now I do public bot fills hoping an engineer will show and upgrade my stuff.

Derrick

People no longer have the patience to play + -2 hours and still run the risk of giving a bug at the end, someone on the team leaves and etc … The vast majority want something faster, that earns XP, rewards and etc. TC has to STIMULATE the player today, it’s not like it used to be, just make the game and screw it.

1 Like

Cause they are from PVP and think wall bouncing and gnasher spam will get them to Masters. They die every wave and don’t mic or type so they quit.

1 Like

Simple: because a full match of horde takes at least 100 minutes.

Games like Destiny 2 use a dedicated LFG site and built-in clan features to make completing their hours-long events and raids possible.

Gears 5 uses the Xbox Live LFG feature which is great for now but could be enhanced by in-game features. I think the Gears Allies system was supposed to encourage this but it needs work. I’m still happy to have both.

1 Like

(host)There rules b4 entering there horde game,(No I’m not knocking anyone)A small amount of players want the light from 1-50.or they will restart the game/kick players,Or the host pauses the game numerous times,this will only get me to return to the lobby,No disrespect in saying this ,but I’ve always been a team player since Gears 2.If perks is there to upgrade I will,but I make sure that the fabricator has a higher amount b4 I do.

From talking to people who play or use to play, a lot of them all say that the new Horde in 5 is either boring to them, or they don’t have the time to play through 50 waves and would like a shorter, 25 wave variant(I know, TC said they are working on one).

Some say that they are experiencing disconnect/server issues and they’d rather not bother with it. For ex, reports of being disconnected at wave 45-49.

Some say they are just bored with the enemies, Maps, and bosses, or lack of, in this game. The latter would be why I don’t play it as much as I use to in previous Gears.

I rarely leave a horde game but cant stand mini dictators who spoil the experience and have been kicked for stupid and irrational reasons. OMG you looked at my locker (didn’t take anything) you collect too much power (even though I deposit it all every round till 30 onwards). You bounce to much go play ranked (?) Honestly the game is full of idiots now. Prefer Horde in 2 and 3, no drama.

2 Likes

I can totally agree with u my friend it’s getting out of hand,but today I didn’t upgrade my character without perks,just dropping the light into the fabricator,asked politely if I can do my perks in wave 40 onwards,Answer No or I will kick u,No disrespect to TC,I’m not holding out much on Gears 6 horde probaly still have the dreaded fabricator with light,Hey Tc can we go back to original Gears 2 or Gears 3 when u can put money into the existing gears set out or similar

1 Like

Honestly nobody keeps an eye on your power. Just quickly rank up a skill right before depositing. Nobody will notice.

1 Like