Why do I always play against mexicans

I’m in New England and all I GEt are Mexican players that don’t die. Looking at the servers there are at least 3 others they should connect to before east coast. Why does this happen?

1 Like

I recommend phrasing the title differently or it’s just going to come across as offensive, get ignored, or deleted. I am in AZ and playing with people in another country, whose internet tends to be of low quality is aggravating to no end. TC doesn’t seem responsive to the subject so I’ve learned to go for 2 and 3 shot downs, use smokes often, wallbounce more, and generally do things that mitigate the BS lag compensation and poor connections to a degree.

You can also do what 90% of my Gears friends have done, and that’s just stop playing Gears. I’m not that disciplined though.

Edit; looking at your gamertag, I remember playing against you and you sponged in the most unreal way. So much so that I actually remember that tag because I said something to you about sponging in the lobby after we beat your team. I thought YOU were in Mexico. No lie. Goes to show you that it’s sometimes just the servers and the way the game is set up to run. I don’t think you did anything to sponge, it’s just the game.

1 Like

I didn’t mean to come off offensive. I was just trying to get straight to the point. The only players I usually have a tough time with are players from Mexico.

1 Like

On the contrary, I changed regions since gow3 a lot, by moving a lot so I played around the globe as local on near by servers. Playing from Cal with Mexicans was the best Gears experience ever. Extremely aggressive and unpredictable players totally anti-camping, so I would recommend playing with Mexicans as much as possible only to improve your skills, IF there’s no connection issues, even solid 100-150 could work.

That’s a mighty big IF you got there. Damn near every match with even one Mexico player is a spongefest filled with lag spikes. :disappointed:

Has their internet gotten worse since Gears 3?

1 Like

I am central time zone, im paired with mexico frequently. I do not hear much english when i play.

1 Like

A couple of things to consider: (i) not everyone who has a Mexican flag is in Mexico. They may be living in the US and just represent their country. I am Colombian and live in NY and i usually play MP with the Colombian flag emblem. (ii) GOW is extremely popular in Mexico and without knowing actual numbers, they may match/outnumber the number of players in the US. (iii) The Coalition is doing a bad job of matching players within their region first, for example, you read a lot in the forums about EU players matching/playing with US players.

1 Like

Gears seems to be insanely popular down south. I imagine thats why we have so many mexican themed stuff like luchador and day of the dead skins because they make up such a large portion of the fanbase. This has been ongoing since Gears started way back in the day. Doesnt look like its about to stop anytime soon. It sucks because it seems like their internet services are laughable at best.

Your 3rd point; probably has alot to do with matchmaking back during the Gears 2 era, when finding a game could take anywhere up to a half hour.

Their internet service isn’t even laughable anymore. It’s downright pathetic and has the same reliability rating of an old dialup modem it seems like. Sprint could claim to have better coverage and be more reliable if it wanted to do so and they’d wouldn’t be lying.

Going around calling people swear words seems toxic to me but what do I know :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like