Why Disable Crossplay when Xbox players can use KB+M?

So recently i figured out that Xbox players can officially use Mouse and Keyboard on Gears 5. What i don’t understand is that when they do the PC icon does not show beside their name meaning they will look like Console players (which i understand they are) but while using PC peripherals. Isn’t the whole Disable cross play feature was intended to be used to prevent controller players from playing against Keyboard and mouse?

the way i see things is that feature is only preventing PC players from finding matches (super long queue times) because many consoles players are disabling Cross-Play, while i can hide as a console player and user Mouse and Keyboard and play versus players who are using controllers thinking i am as well. I feel like this is not fair not only to PC players but console players who thinks they are playing against players who are using Controllers but in reality they are using Mouse and Keyboard.

TC you should consider forcing Cross-Play to console players who are using Mouse + Keyboard, maybe it will help the PC players find matches.
I understand that console players can just switch inputs after finding a match but that sounds like an easy fix by preventing them to switch their input devices once the game has booted up or something.

8 Likes

Cross-Play is aleady forced in most AAA games that support CP.

Additionally, as the population of this game is already declining fast, it shouldn’t be splintered further. PC needs the support as the game is dying there faster than it is on console. Make everyone play with each other for everyone’s benefit. Full disclosure: I am a PC player who uses an normal XB1 controller.

6 Likes

I know four people including myself who play Gears 5 on PC, and all of us use a controller.

I think M+K is actually fairly rare in this game. Mastering the movement this quickly with keyboard controls would be extremely difficult, even with the advantage that comes with aiming.

1 Like

The fact that xbox gamers can now use a keyboard and mouse isn’t really the point. A keyboard and mouse are not staples of console gaming. Do you really expect Xbox users to go and buy a keyboard and mouse with 90% of them probably never using a kB+m to play any game and on top of that retrain using the kB for gears of war, a game many players have spent over a decade playing with a controller?Cmon you are having a laugh if you can’t see why disabling cross play is the safer and best option all round.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Na most console players i kno refuse to play with or against pc players im the same tough luck pc players.

4 Likes

Keyboard and mouse isnt the problem. Hackers and macro users are. I have a RTX 2080 Ti for the rare occasions I have to play a game that comes to PC only. But those few occasions there is always rampant hacking and what not. Dont run into that on console.

2 Likes

Who plays Gears of War with a mouse and keyboard? I just dry heaved.

2 Likes

I started playing kbm. Having a dedicated cover button means no more accidental rolls

excuses for when they lose

1 Like

You can do this on controller as well, it’s been around since at least Gears 3 if not longer as a pre-made layout.

1 Like

What’s your point?It doesn’t change that most console gamers do not use this and the majority of gears of war players on Xbox use a controller. The fact that a mouse and keyboard are available does not mean very many will choose to use it or even want to look near it which is why switching off cross play has been the smart choice.

1 Like

The truth is if you got rid of the PC icon there are tons of players who blame PC would begin to blame Xbox players for playing on PC.

They’re just looking for an excuse when they get beat and what’s easier than blaming an input method? I’d bet a good majority of PC players use a controller anyway

No one should want a smaller community. I want the best players on Gears to play together. PC and Xbox - makes no difference. I whooped PC players when I played on Xbox and I do the same on PC. On Gears, you can dominate with either input method. If you lost? They’re just better than you.

2 Likes

im so trash with the keyboard and mouse i use a controller on the pc

not a confident player simple

1 Like

Do you see me arguing about any of what you said? I’m simply telling you Xbox players do not use keyboard and mouse and most of them consider pc players to have an advantage and don’t want to play with them. Whether or not they are wrong or not is a discussion I don’t want to have. I’m simply stating that the fact kB+m being available to Xbox users makes no difference as they will not use them. Also if the majority don’t want to play with pc gamers TC made the smart move allowing the disable cross play option as forcing console players to play with pc gamers would have been another moaning match. Choice is always a priority and if they don’t want crossplay then they should have that option.

1 Like

Fair enough.

But all I’m saying is you remove the toggle and force it. Get rid of the platform icons and lets see how many falsely accuse xbox players as PC players. I was accused of being a PC player even when I was on Xbox and there were icons, lol.

5 Likes

There’s so many contradictions. I hear Xbox players say they stomp pc players, yet they turn crossplay off. I see Xbox players claim pc cheating, but it’s gotta be 99% of the cheating claims I’ve seen have been false, often unknowingly against console users.

6 Likes

My exact thoughts. I am also a PC player who prefers to use an XB1 controller over a M&K for Gears.

I have yet to find a hacker on any Gears game, so y’all must be complaining just to complain, or I’m just too good for the hackers and don’t even notice’em.

2 Likes

You probably avoid Ranked too and just play Arcade.
Anything to live the lie that you are actually good at this game, eh?

Majority of PC Gears players use controller, if you die to them, you’re just bad. It’s not input method at all.

2 Likes