Why did TC bring back the Annoying Blood screen when you get shot?

I cant play gears 5 Competitively because they brought back that annoying blood screen when ever you get shot. There is a very small gears cut out in the middle of the screen that is clear but you are blind outside of that so if you get shot in the back, your chances of turning around to defend yourself are slim to none. It’s so strange to me that they brought this back after it failing on gears 4. Take it out again please. it completely ruins the gears gameplay mechanics, and no one liked it the first time you did it, and we definitely don’t like it now! Get rid of it!!

1 Like

A new ones been showcased already, should roll out with s3

Its much better

Still not as good as the og omen but a vast improvement over the current

2 Likes

I hope that’s true.

They need to roll the new one out ASAP

Once again: never in Gears 4.

1 Like

Are you talking about the Inverse Omen?

3 Likes

Bring back?Whatchu talking about…and it wasn’t in 4, either…

3 Likes

And once again, you clearly haven’t been playing gears. Why r you on a game thread of a game you don’t even play? Did you get bored in mine craft??

Hes right tho. Inverse omen was introduced in 5.

3 Likes

Ok. Answer me this: WHEN did Gears 4 have the inverse omen?

Meanwhile, I’ll do you the favor of answering WHY they did this. The answer is twofold:

1. They needed a new omen to work with their stim and freeze system.
  2. It’s meant to coincide with the new recoil system for assault rifles. According to TC, the old omen would have gotten in the way of your shot.
2 Likes

LOL

Oh dear. Someone’s about to eat some humble pie. Don’t worry, I’ve got some ketchup ready. :grin:

1 Like

I agree they need to take that crap off keep the damage system like 4

I just wanted to make sure it was the inverse omen you were talking about. It was first in Gears 5. I honestly have no idea what you could be confusing it with.

2 Likes

I’m talking about the screen turning red once you get shot. They added a gear cut out in the middle now but you r still blind. In a game where you can take several shots in wall bounce battles before you die it puts you at a serious disadvantage. They tried it in 4 beta but took it out before launch.

Wow. This still exists. A FORUM MODERATOR and MULTIPLE USERS have all told you that Gears 5 was the first to include the immersive omen.

That’s a link to a video of Shadows playing the Gears 4 Beta. Take a look at it, and tell me where you see an immersive omen.

1 Like