Why are we always connecting to US servers

Whats happening can we have an update TC. What happening with the servers. 100 plus ping every game. UK based. Region select must happen. So sick and tired already. If I didn’t moan I would not care. You need to sort this. Make it a priority. Otherwise you will loose your player base in Europe. We love gears but this is to much🚽

18 Likes

Yup. It’s like they’ve turned off euro servers. The alternative is Europe stopped playing???

I think i had one game all night on eu server (uk/Irish based squad, maybe 15 or so long time players, though apparently not for long).

Everything is 90ms+

Its frustrating. You point blank shoot someone, then oops, you are already dead.

Watch replay, opponent is covered in shiny spots where you’ve clearly hit them. But 0% displays.

Watch kill cam, you didnt shoot. At all. So why do i hear my shot? Why can i see where its hit?

Didn’t the server tick used to give a share at least if they were in a certain timeframe? Suppose I’m outside of that because I’m forced to east coast.

Now it just cancels my shot.
Pulls me back from the cover I slid to.
Hops me back over the wall I jumped.
Runs me backwards to my death about 12 feet from where I was.

It’s just sad. Can see our group all slowly starting to play it less as other games with just plain better matching are released, or existing games add maps or modes. Also, 7 maps for the ranked rotation is pretty freaking poor.

10 Likes

Same, i’m getting 120+ ping on ranked, because the game puts me on NA server. UNPLAYABLE

2 Likes

They tell me that they turned off the european servers in Gears 4. Is it true?

Congrats i was excited for gears 5 after that joke of a game gears 4 and its nonsense when playing online, Gears 5 has been fine until recently, its started getting awful in last week or so, I’m at the point now were i’ll be reluctant to play gears 5 at all nor purchase anymore gears games in the future.

This is a massive problem, at 100ms ping you should not have that much lag even if the servers were based in EU, the game is unplayable for me at the moment, with shots not registering and movement not being anywhere near what killcam is showing for opposite player, last night i couldn’t get a mulch shot at all, every time it was 90-98% from shotgun, no matter were i placed that shot or how close. I have been playing gears of war since the first gears getting a mulching shot is second nature to me, though not at the minute, now i hit for 90% then player who should be dead mulches me… It’s gotten so bad over the last week or two that i’ve just stopped playing it, i agree with everything said above too, all describing whats happening accurately.

By the way before some smartass comes in and says its my internet, i get 20ms ping on speedtest and 35mb DL with 7mb up, thats more than enough for this game and until recently i was getting 20ish ping on gears 5 too, but not anymore and no, no one else is using the internet nor am i using wireless.

4 Likes

Same here and I`m so mad I wanna throw a lawsuit at TC for false marketing. Dedicated servers…my closest server says 33 ping, I play between 119-159.

3 Likes

I actually don´t think they have time to fix this. They are to busy trying to figure out how to buff the Lancer and making more maps with high ground so more noobs can feel at home.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s horrid. I’ll most probably take a break once Shadowkeep comes out and return only when I see the devs getting back at working on the issues (Love G5 but enough is enough)

Same here, I am french and I had like 15 ping, now it’s only >100 ping.

What’s wrong with these servers ?

3 Likes

I would be happy if it was just a ping issue, i could handle a little delay. The problem is clearly worst than this from what i’m experiencing.

1 Like

The same for me, Impossible to play with a good ping

1 Like

Coalition… Spain, is in europe no in america xddd.

140 ms is not playable, repair this.

2 Likes

They really need to update us on this

I’m in Ireland and regularly seeing 100 or more ping. I’m only playing this a week now and I’m already getting sick of ■■■■ connections. So what’s the story with European servers. Do they exist?

1 Like

My world in this game every day, 80+ ping every match haha

They are on the problem: https://www.gears5.com/status

That’s been there for 4 days now still no response from TC. Shocking

2 Likes

Poland - from 130 to 170 :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Sometimes I have luck and connecting to European server then is ok,

from 80 to 90 is still ok.

TC say here Gears 5 have 60 Tickrate, But I do not think that’s the truth.

• Fact 1 I asked in the live stream befor Gears comes out, have the Server 60hz Tickrate he said no 30hz Tickrate. Afte one Week comes this Post.
    Gears 5 Servers 60hz Tickrate!
  • Fact 2 on tournament all Play over lan !
  • Fact 3 It does not feel that is 60hz Server, Lag , Delay, Sponging, etc ( even if the lobby Pings are ok)
    I do not know if they tell fairy tales but I do not believe them anymore

The worst is there are no answers from TC , no Respect for the community. We should give the same back.

3 Likes