Why are footstep sounds so bad I’m this games

Even with my headset I can never tell where there actually coming from.

13 Likes

You and me both. Been happening since gears 4 but I swear it’s worse in 5.

2 Likes

TC can’t do audio. Gow1/2/3 were fine, this started in UE and even though they’ve done numerous alterations, they can never get the audio right. This was one of the first things I noticed on the GowUE beta and it’s never gotten any better. There are times where the footsteps are so loud, and others where you never hear them until they’re basically touching you.

1 Like

Man I don’t know if it’s me but in Gears of War 4 I could actually tell if I was being flanked by the footsteps, now in Gears 5 I’m 3 headsets in and I just can’t hear enemy footsteps accurately for the life of me.

It’s possible the headphones I used in 4 were better but then again I’m currently using a new pair but it’s the same model so I doubt it’s that, before 4 I wasn’t big on headsets I only cared about talking with my friends and I used to play with no volume :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

This has been an issue since launch.

By far the worst audio quality ever to grace a Gears of War game.

The frags are just as awful as well.

1 Like

It is indeed very odd. I can usually tell if they’re within like 5-10m to my left or right but if something’s behind me or some sort of a hallway in front of me, it seems as if it’s mixing up the locations sometimes and I can’t quite judge if they’re now in front or behind me.

Got an Astro A50, that thing certainly has enough surround capabilities to determine that.

1 Like

They’re trained, battle hardened Navy SEALs

1 Like

I have no problem knowing where people are coming from.

1 Like

Tbh I’m constantly checking my back now because you never know

1 Like

It’s hilarious how much it vary sometimes. Moments where I can hear footsteps half across the map others I don’t hear footsteps even when they are sprinting behind me

1 Like

Anyone with 100+ ping automatically get the Dead Silence Perk.

3 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one

1 Like

THIS!

2 Likes

All the gnasher fire blew out the characters ear drums. We’re all deaf.

1 Like

Yeah when someone throws two frags back to back you can surely dodge the first one but then the game asks you: ‘Now what will you do about the second frag?’ Before dying to a grenade you never heard land right next to you

2 Likes