Gears Forums

Who really likes this new Horde Version compared to previous Horde Versions?

Ok so I know my man @L_sD_Wo_lf_Pu_p is putting in hours of positive things to say about Horde and trying to get another “old school” version of it put into the game to accommodate other players and I am 100% along with him for that. Who honestly enjoys this version of Horde over Gears 4/Gears 3/Gears 2? Also, if they do introduce the “old school” version into the game, who will come back and frequent Gears 5 more and more? For me, if they add it, I will be back for sure.

5 Likes

I would certainly play Horde way more if they just put anything Horde in without the damned hero system. Even if it was just untying them from the characters so it was like Gears 4 classes. But currently, the “hero”(I really hate using that word for this game/Gears… at least in the given context) restrictions and the fact that so few people are unwilling to step away from the boring JD/Jack/Kait/engi/whatever meta have basically made me stop playing the mode with any kind of frequency. I don’t think I’ve played a full match, or any match, in weeks now, instead spending my time on Escape or occasionally Subnautica and Alien Isolation. Or on school work.

So yeah… add anything Horde without the hero rubbish and you might just get me back into the Horde boat.

4 Likes

I played two full matches of Horde I think and that was it. Ran some by myself just to get those medals for TOD 1 and that’s it. I would come back to Gears 5 Horde if they did away with the hero class or the very least let us play as whomever we want even if there is another gamer playing as that class.

I would have some fun once the stupid restrictions were out of the way(eg finding a lobby with no Kait, or after Operation 2 was out, no Lizzie or Kait), it was somewhat fun to play though I would prefer to not have a constantly close combat focused role with Kait(not the biggest fan of those). Especially when there was no JD presence to play fun police with obnoxious GL spam. But it’s been far too much of a bother trying to get around both of those for me to continue to bother with Horde, so yeah… just waiting for the alternative to show up.

I don’t

Definetely yes , I would play more and invest more in the game my friend Tony.

Previous versions of Horde is too vanilla. In Gears 5, you feel more invested in these characters and a real sense of team is felt as everyone is unique.

4 Likes

Unique yes. I get what you mean when you say you are invested with that particular character too.

1 Like

I don’t see harm in a vanilla version. They would need to add appropriate level up / xp though for completion.

Would love to see the old versions of Hoarde added. I do like this new version, but let us be who we want to be.

1 Like

I like it, just need more maps. I like the characters being unique but it was a boneheaded idea since they know everyone is really attached to their main squeeze they’ve been playing with since they were 12. I do wish there was more balance but like most gears games they are not really gonna Change much to the formula which is a shame.

1 Like

Needs more enemy variation. Gears 3 is still the best horde experience. G5 doesn’t even come close. If the game was in 60fps I’d be in there for horde right now.

3 Likes

Thanks to you guys, I have yet to even buy GOW 5. As an old school Horde player, I would certainly be tempted to play 5. Honestly, I still have fun playing Horde on 4 and it doesn’t take very long to find matches either.

2 Likes

Played a lot of horde in Gears 2 to 4 but finding it pretty boring and unrewarding in G5. I’ll still play 10 to 20 waves regularly but no way will I be completing 1 to 50 anyway near as often in G5.

2 Likes

I haven’t really bothered with horde since gears of war 3 apart from getting the 50 wave achievement and some bounties on 5. I did run through the hard achievements on 4 like no fortifications etc but I usually just play the odd game of horde since TC took over.The hero system is a bit crappy for people who use horde as a break from pvp and maybe a chance to play in some whacky skins etc. Pick a character and be stuck in a class sucks…

1 Like

We have a lot of the same bosses ripped straight from g4. The kestrel the swarmak the carrier the snatcher. Incredibly lazy. It’s just not fun or interesting playing the same experience with some “ultimates.” It’s boring and it sucks.

3 Likes

While this version has its issues I like it. It’s certainly much better than horde in Gears 4, and I would also say marginally better than horde in 2/3 although certain things in those horde versions worked better.

2 Likes

I’d be all for an old school version, because it’s the way Horde should be.

I have never tried a single wave of Horde 4.0 and I fully intend not to. It’s a disgrace and the “Hero” system is one of the worst ideas I have ever seen implemented in a video game, made all the more worse by the fact this is the 5th game.

4 Likes

Let’s get real for a minute - they can’t even seem to do regular horde events or even introduce a permanent short mode.

In response to the post - I’ve completed about 5 or 6 full 50 wave hordes in gears 5… I would do that a week towards the end of gears 4. This is partly down to the useless players who seem to be the majority player base but it’s mainly down to how long they take to complete - I am an adult with a full time job, a son and other interests - I do not want to and often cannot spend 3-4 hours in one sitting and more often than not, be unable to complete the full 50 due to sentinels/guardians on wave 45 or a swarmak on wave 40 or 50.

1 Like

Man, you own the game and haven’t tried 1 wave? That’s wild, I knew escape wasn’t for me when I saw the gameplay but I still gave it a try. You can just not use your ultimate, play as Marcus for the standard weapons and investigate the gameplay.

No. I’ve been round long enough. I’ve seen enough gameplay and saw too much complaints. My free time is very limited, so I have to chose what game I play wisely. I don’t have time for something I Won’t enjoy, which right now is everything Gears 5 has to offer.

It’s just as well for Gears 4. I even tried UE recently. I was unsuccessful in finding a match, but hearing the menu music was still worth loading up the game.

1 Like