Who is your favourite support class that you like to play in horde/escape?

Reminder that the game is heavily populated with people who genuinely believe you must deposit rvery bit of power you have every wave and.never once.perk up otherwise they kick you.

4 Likes

If I’m being honest that sounds like such a cool way to support as Tactician. A build focused on marking the map for debuffs and Ult charge, without specifically being for Demo? Sounds like a helpful player to have on the team. I’d say something like that could work on higher difficulties too with some extra effort and a decent team.

1 Like

I have done it on the higher incon difficulty, it’s just too punishing when going for meatshields. That’s pretty much the only thing that hurts the build. One shot and the meatshield is gone AND you’re downed too. Everything else still works great. Flashes stop any threat for the most part. Single marking targets (cooperation) still works wonders, it’s just harder to have constant situational awareness.

It’s really fun and fluid on the lower difficulties though. Mantle over cover- meatshield.
Melee combo- meatshield.
With good timing and distancing meatshield bag and tag - meatshield.

I don’t even use the protection often, maybe if there’s a popper or boom scion in front (sometimes a direct boom to you meatshield doesn’t end up with you DBNO). I’ll just left dpad and go! Funny I’ve gotten into the habit of meatshielding with my BM just to shave time off of battles and haven’t seen too much downside as far as melee/bleed kill healing… they die before having to dpad but I’m not lingering for them to die—- it’s made it way faster after implementing meatshield cancelling.

Back to the flash tactician though, it’s exciting getting a perfect flash out then trying to meatshield the two or three enemies all as fast as I can dpad drop them before the stun wears off.

Also- this is a really good build/tactic for shielded grenadiers, because while you can melee combo them, they don’t stun or stop firing when in melee range, but you CAN flash and MEATSHIELD them.

1 Like

What is “perking”!? :sweat_smile:
(Okay… I know what it is but I nearly never perking… :innocent:)

That’s not how you are supposed to play? I’m doing it wrong.

1 Like

They don’t get a chance to kick me. I either leave or don’t join to begin with lol.

I willed my team to a win on that one as Combat Medic. I had 51 revives by wave 30 lmao. That was the entire reason I picked CM; I figured I’d need to do that.

We had a Brawler who didn’t seem to understand what the mutators were and left at wave 10. After that, we got a Nomad who genuinely didn’t seem to know how to play the game. Our Veteran never once got in cover during his super for some reason, and our Gunner sported a Mulcher and seemingly never shot anything until it was already in the damage reduction range. Our entire DPS came through the host who was playing Marksman.

I’m kind of amazed we won, but that’s just proof Marksman is busted and Medic is a damn good support class lol.

1 Like

Had a level 9 mechanic try and tell Wicked yesterday that he’s better than her fully maxed out Robot Expert. The game is just full of delusional people. I told him to play BM, he had on Brutal Claw and Nimble so it went about as well as you’d expect.

4 Likes

I played the daily Horde yesterday and managed to run into MisMasterChief and there was this Slugger (they come to the forums but I am not going to name names but you know who you are, as do I) that was ■■■■■■■■ about barriers being too far out so the enemies never make it to the base. Meanwhile, he was way away from where they were (up by the One Shot spawn, the elevated area) and eventually, my friend who was host had enough of his ■■■■ and just kicked him on wave 8 (he stopped moving.)

Was quite funny.

2 Likes

Isn’t the point of barriers so enemies don’t make it to the base?

That’s what me and my friend were saying. I was like “that is what their job is. they are supposed to keep them away.”

2 Likes

Its like saying " this overclocked locker is too good, I’m not running out of ammo"

2 Likes

Was amusing as hell though. That guy also tried to use “low reup” as an insult by saying something along the lines as “low reup engie thinking they know everything”
They were max reup (think I am 54)

2 Likes

I had a guy once on mic making fun of my Combat Medic going down and reviving myself, debating out loud kicking me. He didn’t realize what Team Repair does, apparently. And he also must’ve had his text chat turned off because I was trying to tell him lol.

What’s that principle called again when people who know less assume they know more?

1 Like

I believe @Bleeding_Pepper likes to call it the Dunning-Kruger effect. Or something like that.

1 Like

Yeah! That’s it. I couldn’t remember it off the top of my head.

“Everyone’s an idiot but me” kinda deal.

1 Like

I admit I’ve fallen prey to that feeling in the past too, before I actually tried to learn the nuances of the game. Especially in Escape. I used to think I was much better than I actually was in that mode lol.

2 Likes

When you have Veterans who think they can out trade a Palace Guard in a Lancer shootout, while their ult isn’t active, I don’t think that’s too hard to have as a feeling.

It becomes more of a problem if the individual is also terrible or worse than their teammates, and/or decides to be a [redacted] about it.

1 Like

I don’t like to call it that. It IS called that. :smiley:

1 Like

I think I might know who you’re referring to. They got mad at me for kicking them from the lobby simply for trying to play as a Slugger when Overload was the daily with Ultra Slow Recharge and Power Drain. I don’t like randoms that play as Slugger simply because they’re annoying to play with. Plus there’s a chance they’d be chucking shock grenades and planting them around the map which is super annoying when playing as a cqc class. This particular random also happened to be on the forums. They sent me multiple messages after I kicked them. One of them says, “i outplay you in damage easy with my maxed grenades.”

1 Like