Gears Forums

Which game mode is everyone going to play first?

I am genuinely curious as to which mode people are planning on playing first.

Please vote and feel free to discuss below :slight_smile:

• Campaign
  • Versus
  • Horde
  • Escape

0 voters

9 Likes

Gonna run through campaign first. I just love the Gears Universe

9 Likes

You already know my thoughts on this…

2 Likes

It’ll be the campaign for me, unless my friends peer pressure me into playing ranked with them lol.

4 Likes

I will most likely play horde with my wife and kids on day one. I will probably play the campaign when solo.

4 Likes

One of my best friends and I have beaten every campaign together except gears 1. We met online in gears 1 mansion execution (our favorite map) best part he actually lived in the same city as me! 12 year bromance began then!

Our routine is to take off several days of work and do a media blackout while we play coop on hardcore until we finish the story.

10 Likes

That is a much better love story than Twilight :wink:

Glad you guys are still going strong more than a decade later.

8 Likes

I will definitely play the Campaign first, Then I will switch things up with the 3 modes, Hoepfully they are all good :smiley: Escape and Horde looks promising to me especially with 3 player split screen, Me and my buddies always love to play any PVE game with split screen, It’s now a reality :smile:

1 Like

Couch co-op sounds wonderful, and my PC is next to myXbone, so I could have 4 of us playing in 1 room. My wifes PC is in another room so in theory could have 5 people playing in the same house with crossplay for Horde :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! That super-hyped brand new mode is getting so much love!

3 Likes

I expect it will be a lot of fun, but won’t be many peoples first choice.

2 Likes

By literally 2 people

2 Likes

escape first, unless i have time for some horde, gonna have to wait for campaign since boost starts right away.

1 Like

Good point! I saw Octus clarify how that worked earlier today :slight_smile:

Although unsure if we get xp for campaign, as in the tech test that had the ally bonus count versus rounds won together, and included escape, horde and campaign bonuses. Could be limited to that alone but does make me wonder.

I think those packs that gives you “exclusive” skins you can get them by playing any mode, Including Campaign, I remmaber hearing that but I may be wrong as always haha

Well maybe David is right, 3 people now!

2 Likes

Fake news.

4 Likes

That actually made me laugh more than I should be :joy:

1 Like

It was Supply Drops. I think 1 hour play time = 1 Supply Drop.

2 Likes

Campaign for the story. Some MP. Some Escape. Some Horde. Then campaign again for collectibles.

1 Like

10 days off work just for Gears Of War 5.

First two days only campaign -hoping to do insane and inconceivable full game run.

After that TDM/KoTH all night long …

2 Likes