Where’s the Tap 2.0 - Every Tap Rotation on All 37 Horde Maps

Amazing work. Thank you Dr Shwazz!

1 Like

Not having a definitive answer really bugged me, :slight_smile: so I spent some time this weekend to figure it out for at least the example map we were discussing-- Village.

The initial tap in 50-wave Horde appears to be randomly chosen. And while there are only those 4 previously shown Horde/Frenzy final tap arrangements, there seem to be 9 total sequences for Village, each unique to an initial tap.

I was correct in that it follows strict adjacency patterns. Koty is also 100% correct that you can predict all the remaining taps as soon as you see the first on this map. :open_mouth: Once you get the second tap, or if playing Frenzy/a mode that already starts with 2 taps, this collapses down to 5 possible sequences because most of the first two are just swapped pairs.

It’s then easy to remember that the third tap will always be one of the two near the unnamed raised center of the map. The fourth will always be one of the two outside the Ceremonial Lodge, unless you started at the Docks, in which case #4 will be the Boat Dock. (If you don’t start at the Docks, you’ll never get one there except potentially as the “bonus” fifth one if applicable.)

Here are the full sequences in text form, including that 5th* tap only available in Horde Roulette. Please let me know if these patterns don’t work for you:

Sequence Tap #1 Tap #2 Tap #3 Tap #4 Tap #5*
1.A. Between Butcher and Ceremonial Lodge Center right Center left Between Cookhouse and Ceremonial Lodge Docks
1.B. Center right Between Butcher and Ceremonial Lodge Center left Between Cookhouse and Ceremonial Lodge Docks
2.A. Between Cookhouse and Ceremonial Lodge Center left Center right Between Butcher and Ceremonial Lodge Docks
2.B. Center left Between Cookhouse and Ceremonial Lodge Center right Between Butcher and Ceremonial Lodge Docks
3.A. Mystic Hut Raven Spawn Center left Between Cookhouse and Ceremonial Lodge Center right
3.B. Raven Spawn Mystic Hut Center left Between Cookhouse and Ceremonial Lodge Center right
4.A. Boat Shack Bridge Spawn Center right Between Butcher and Ceremonial Lodge Center left
4.B. Bridge Spawn Boat Shack Center right Between Butcher and Ceremonial Lodge Center left
5. Docks Center left Center right Boat Shack Between Butcher and Ceremonial Lodge

And here they are in graphical form:

I’m not sure I have the patience for more maps :slight_smile: (kudos again to you Dr Shwazz), but this does at least strengthen my belief that human-authored patterns exist for them.

Lol you spent a lot of time proving the randomness! I wasn’t gonna bother with the tap order or sequences - really just wanted to know the rotation. The rest wasn’t worth the time sink.

Once you know where the first one or two are, like @RelaxingKoty said you can predict where the others are. Some taps are unique to certain rotations - so on some maps predicting the exact order is possible.

(And the lack of randomness.) :slight_smile: It was more than I care to admit, but FWIW, a helpful time-saving secret to anyone picking up the mantle for the other maps is that you can get quite a head start in by just loading in at the starting waves where new taps appear. That gives you the possible sets, and if they’re unique enough, you can intuit the progression from each pattern. Once I figured out how it was working, there turned out to be only 5 two-tap+ sequences for Village, and only one tap location was shared across any of them. So I actually only played through (and often just boss levels) a small number of times to confirm my hypothesized progressions were correct. The rest was tedious but shorter load-in-touch-Fabricator-record-result.

Was it worth the time sink to go from “suspecting” to “knowing”? Well, for my compulsion it was. :slight_smile: And now it’s out there for all time for anyone similarly afflicted.

Someday I hope to be in a game on Village with some stranger and he/she says “Oh, the Cookhouse tap! I saw on the Internet that means later taps are going to the center then to the Butcher. So let’s setup ___”…

This is what I did. I loaded into wave 31 of Horde and ran Blademaster with Nimble and activated the ultimate so that I could run and move faster on the way to the fab. Saved some time because of the frequency of me loading in and out of the map.

Knowing where the taps will spawn if the first two are in the centerline at the start(eg in a Frenzy) on Village is actually pretty useful. Always annoyed me that you go to one side of the map only to have a tap spawn on the other and force you to move stuff or have inadequate coverage.

Not that I think the map has the greatest spawns of all time when it comes to taps but at least they’re not as bad as something like Blood Drive. I think the only time I managed to keep those centerline spawns intact was with two BMs on a Close Range Gambit daily.

1 Like