Where is this GOW movie!

So rod says that they have sealed the deal on the movie but nothing has been said since???

2 Likes

Probably not happening.

It’s been nearly 5 years and next to nothing has been said.

As far as I know the only thing that was really confirmed was that it was a thing and Universal were behind it or something like that.

2 Likes

There are much more pressing issues than a movie rn

4 Likes

That’s how Hollywood works.

Studio A strikes a movie deal to secure the rights to intellectual property X and Y, but only Movie X is announced.

Then they sit on it forever or (rarely) they will make a low budget version of movie X and shelve it with no intention of ever releasing it all in an effort to keep Studio B from getting the rights to make Movie Y. (This was the case with the early 1990s Fantastic 4 that was only recently found.)

In this instance Movie X could be Gears and Movie Y could be a Halo, or …uhh …a Fortnight film.

I don’t know why people want a Gears of War movie? An animated film could work but then I would ask the question if it should have just been made into a game or a DLC.

I think a live action film would just be terrible with all the CGI Locust or Swarm especially the bigger creatures. Set the entire film during the night time so you don’t have to worry as much about the quality.

1 Like

You have to check your local Redbox for it

1 Like

I got news about the movie

Oh, it’s the Linda Hamilton as Baird thing again. :rofl:

Damn something is off there but I can’t put my finger on it :thinking:

1 Like

I agree with animated not live action.
Some of the Halo and Star Ship Troopers animated movies are pretty good.

Also you could use the correct voices for the characters.

Anything from The Wall Street Journal is not to be taken seriously, silly girl

2 Likes

yes agree animated movie by blur or axis studio is the best option i could imagine. just the quality of their works speaks for it self.

2 Likes

Key point, he left half a year ago.

Halo 2 remastered campaign is just so beautiful :weary:

1 Like

I remember seeing a picture on these forums of a confirmation of a Gears movie, serieses (is that a word?) of Halo, Fallout & Minecraft. There was also an Elder Scrolls show/series that was apparently unconfirmed.
Now whether these confirmations were legitimate and official? Who knows. But, if it was real, that’s pretty much all the info we have at the moment.

Also uhh, Rod has been gone for months lol. I think he went to go work on Diablo or something, I forgot.