When your gnasher shoots a blank

I just love it when I do a perfect active reload, I then proceed to shoot the guy who is 5 feet away, he grunts I see blood, but when I get killed it shows I did no damage to the guy , when I know damn well I shot him for sure .

2 Likes

There is no damage boost for a active reload on loadout weapons.

4 Likes

Bro read what I wrote.

4 Likes

OP is hopeless…

5 Likes

Maybe Re-read what you wrote. You truly are a genius.

1 Like

What the op is talking about i think is that they shoot ppl and get hit markers but when they die they have done 0% damage.
Active or not doesn’t change this.

5 Likes

Yes read what you wrote and your title. Do you need hooked on phonics?

Smh. Op been on a roll lately.

2 Likes

This is because of the way netcode for video games works: client prediction is what you see on your screen, happening in your time. But what’s happening in your time isn’t what’s happening on the server. The server has its own simulation of the game, which is authoritative; whatever happens on the server is what actually happens to both players. The players themselves are always a certain number of frames in the “past” from the server, usually depending on their ping. So you shot them on your screen, but on the server’s simulation the other player actually fired before you, so the game has to obey the server and cancel your shot out.

2 Likes

Not sure you should be announcing to others you’re firing blanks.

1 Like

Ha! Got emmm!

as @xxxGAUNTLETxxx said there isn’t a damage boost for active reload on gnasher however I have seen this continue to happen where you shoot the gnasher and it will show a shot goes off and you can see a shell missing or the hit markers clearly on the person and making them pant and breath hard and bloody but they will body and when you look it will show no percentage thought it was just how it was with the system or like a game bug or server difference but they said in the operation 4 patch notes https://www.gears5.com/operation-4-patch-notes
that they “ * Fixed the issue where sometimes point blank Gnasher shots are being rejected” assume partly had to do with that and I think it’s gotten better but I still most definitely experience it, figure it’s how it is with the game.

2 Likes

I remember TC stating that even though we see it the data already hit the servers that’s why we don’t see any damage. I guess Gears 5 has the shortest trade window. Previously TC said they are also trying to do a better job of telling the story of what happened.
Also in the patch notes it does say something about fix a issue where you can fire the Gnasher faster or something. Idk if it’s the same I still feel like in some instances I fire first and they pop off two before I’m able to fire again.

1 Like

Yeah, not sure if I totally understand that but kinda makes sense I’ve always just thought because we play on servers and ping comes into play what happened doesn’t coincide with the server (so doesn’t register) or time to connect (because based on ping things act/react different and timing can be different even when playing with those of similar and stable ping) and is maybe already noted as happening in the server and just doesn’t showcase any numbers because it runs bit different for everyone with timing. ??

Does suck seeing your hit markers on someone shooting them multiple times getting them bloody and panting knowing they should be dead or at the least down though. I understand they are trying to fix that or work on trying to showcase what happened better, would help if percentages were more accurate or displayed when you clearly shoot someone and get them to a weakened state.

Course there’s always those 100%, 99%, or 80+% scenarios too that show and you die, or you down them, or it’s a trade. Figure has to happen sometimes anyways it’s not new, but definitely didn’t notice it so much or at all gnasher being rejected or doing no damage with most hitmarkers on them from multiple shots when they are red and panting in 4, from what I remember anyways.

Not sure if it’s just a visual or processing thing because a player will bleed and pant but then show no percentage as if no damage was done but was or if it’s truly not being processed that you hit your shots and did damage in those cases. Always just figure it comes down to servers and connectivity anyways when that happens feel like it’s bound to happen at some point.

Could very well be partly what you said too with you getting the first shot getting them weak then somehow they shoot several off before you can even get another shot out when you know you’re spamming that rt. I’m more talking about the cases you shoot several shots and they should’ve been downed or died then it shows nothing or a very low or sometimes very high percent. But that certainly is another scenario too that kinda makes you go whatttt.

1 Like

I think there is just really something off internally with this game. So deep in the coding that will cost TC to much to fix. What made me really think this way was when I was mic up and playing with @Slipping_Flames a few occasions I witnessed (text kill bottom left) him being killed before he even knew he was killed. It was like 2 whole seconds. He literally will be on mic battling and be like " oh man he got me" we are on 2 separate sides of the coast both our pings decent, but dam that is to great of a lag. There has been discussions about “god mode” I’ve experienced it where I was faster and un killable. It just happens. Just seems like you, your teammates or opposite team is just moving faster than everyone else. Nothing is consistent. It doesn’t happen all the time but it does happen to often imo.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve had the same thoughts before for the same reasons and those ive mentioned before. I’ve experienced both sides of what you’re talking about as well, and wouldn’t describe when that has happened to me at least as ‘god mode’ but you can definitely tell something’s just not right. That’s why I figure there’s only so much they can do as is and it’s just gonna be an occurrence players face often enough because something with the game itself isn’t right.

I’ve come to terms that there might be something fundamentally wrong with the game coding. Especially since launch was so rocky. They have been open plenty before about features not working as intended or coded. They are still pumping out great changes and working on the game and I think it’s shaping up so if I have to deal with this when I play, it sucks, but I’m sure it will get better long as they keep up with the improvements. Just feels like a lot of mistakes were made that maybe could’ve been avoided so I am a little skeptical In that sense.

1 Like