When can we swap our starting weapons?

I liked having more options to start a match with. I want hammerburst back.

5 Likes

Yeah, good luck with that…

You can choose between the flash and the smoke…

And you have to switch … every… single … game…

6 Likes

Honestly I’m not even sure why they offer the option of switching your starting weapons when you can’t switch anything but your smoke.

Just tone down the Hammerburst’s and Retro’s effectiveness a little bit and make them starting weapons again. Bam.

2 Likes

Gnasher old core fans
Says You’re welcome.

1 Like

You can swap what side Gnasher and Lancer are on.

1 Like

If they cut the clip size of retro n maybe pushed the reload back sloghtly it wouldnt be an issue imo even with g3 stopping power. In g3 i dodged almost enough to get them on the reload with my gnasher but they always had that last bullet which clipped me n i got downed… if it just lost a few shots. Id of killed probably thousands of more retro players who tried hip firing me.id of even enjoyed g3 alot more. Before i was all for removing retro, this is personally my way to balance it for a spawn weapon…

Man the hammer burst is barely even a pick up weapon on the majority of maps and it’s so ■■■■■■■ disappointing

1 Like

Switch in the queue and you only have to switch every time you change faction. Maybe if you do it for both factions in the queue, you won’t have to switch until your next session. Haven’t tried that tho

2 Likes

I have said it before but I will again. How is it 3 and J allowed multiple choices of load outs and yet 4 and now 5 do not. It make no sense at all. We all understand the strengths and weakness’s of our load out choices in those games, allow us to play “our way” in TC’s version of Gears.

1 Like

Is this not the point of arcade mode?

I mean i personally do not want hammerburst or enforcer back. Enforcer is retro without the poke ability.
Hammerburst was busted in g2 and 3 (worse so in 3)
I have not used it enough in 5 to say amything. Ill be honest. I have no clue.
I just want a vanilla gears experience personally n thats lancer, snub, gnasher and smoke.

Totally disagree. Why remove choice ? If you like those guns then great, you can still pick them. Choice is never a bad thing. I hate the Shotty but I’m fine with players using it in 3.
As for Arcade that is a Micky Mouse mode, I’m talking ranked.

2 Likes

Uhh ur wrong. The point is for everyone to start on equal footing. (In ranked) Giving say a semi auto hammerburst totally changes the game and the footing of players right out of spawn. Choice does not equal good always. cough flash cough

ok

2 Likes

Im ok for weapon choice in social but not ranked. Everyone should start with the same weapons i think.

ok.

2 Likes

Nah. Keep them strong and as map pick ups.

They already nerfed the clip size for the Retro with 20 rounds instead of 30 and you want it nerfed even more? Jesus Christ you might as well make it a semi-auto rifle at this point if you want it’s clip size lowered even more.

1 Like

choice equals fun and more depth, being able to let us choice weapons for different scenarios/playstyles, the lack of choice is whats making the game really stale right now. in terms of multiplayer balance at least

IKR

1 Like

Might have been talking about the Gears 3 Retro, and is unaware about the mag size reduction.

1 Like