What's Up - October 29th

WHAT’S UP – OCTOBER 29

The What's Up Featured Header image featuring a pumpkinhead Locust character strangling another pumpkinhead character

Welcome to What’s Up – your weekly dose of everything in the world of Gears of War.

THE FINAL DAYS OF OPERATION 4

It’s easy to look ahead at all of the upcoming Gears goodies but we’ve still got a few tricks and treats to keep you busy in Operation 4!

• We’re resurrecting the devilish 6.66 XP (MP only) for the Halloween weekend (Friday, October 30 at 10:00 am PT until Nov 2 at 10:00 am PT). Make sure to stock up on sugary snacks to keep the energy up to grind the weekend away.
  • The final two objectives in our Versus Event Medal group will be live on Tuesday, November 3.
  • The player’s choice Versus event is back! On Wednesday, Nov 4, you get to vote for the final Versus event you want to play in Operation 4.

We’ll have all the specifics in TWIG on Monday.

WHAT’S UP…COMING

We know that everyone is very excited about what’s upcoming in Gears of War.

The next few weeks are shaping up to be very exciting for Gears fans. In case you’ve been living under a rock, on November 10 we’ve got Gears Tactics coming to console (with an update for all players) and a campaign update to Gears – both coinciding with the launch of the new Xbox Series X|S.

As if that weren’t enough, we got Operation 5 dropping on November 17. And Finally, the Gears 5 Hivebusters DLC is coming out this December.

Whew! That’s a lot of Gears of War! Make sure to stay tuned next week as we rollout a weeklong extravaganza on Gears Tactics as we go deep on Jack, new enemies and more!

That’s it for us this week. Make sure to pop by our Developer’s Stream today to hang out with Dana and TC Tyrus.

3 Likes

6.66 Xp MP Only? Nah no thanks. Another week without Gears I guess.

7 Likes

Mind pinning? Just a reminder.

And I would have some interest in the XP bonus if we knew how our current Reup progress translates into the changes that are coming to them, which last I heard were on track for Op 5.

2 Likes

The bit about JACK caught my eye. I wonder what that means? Are they changing something about JACK in the near future?

Tactis got a Jack-ed mode. Whatever that is.

Also, too bad the XIII-remaster releases on the same day. Easiest choice ever made.

2 Likes

Tactics gets a Jack-bot introduced into it when it releases on consoles, alongside some new enemies. Iirc it is called Jacked mode or something.

4 Likes

Those weeks must be racking up by now :joy:

1 Like

Why is the xp boost for mp only? Is this the same mp as last time when it was 4x xp as this included escape/horde.

Can we get some clarification on this please?
:thinking:

MP (multiplayer) = PVP humans vs humans
COOP = PVE humans vs bots

This is pretty much the definition of different game modes, pvp and horde/escape are not multiplayer modes only pvp is.

There we are, fixed it for you.

5 Likes

It’s Re-up Level XP.

Multiplayer = more than one player = all Versus, Horde and Escape.

Just like when MPXP Tuning happened in February which led to Horde and Escape players complaining too that it was heavily reduced.

Will my escalation stats ever return?

Then why even mention it? I doubt that anyone cares about char-xp anymore and correct me if I’m wrong but there is only 2 types of XP (3 if you count Allies),

@Ektope @eviljas247 Here’s your answer.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GearsofWar/status/1321897548408262657

3 Likes

I don’t know, it’s a new made up name for Gears 5 XP.

In Gears 4, it was just called XP or Class XP,

In Gears 5, TC seems to call it MPXP, Character XP or Allies XP.

1 Like

Twitter

every time…

2 Likes

We do know how it works with TC. Twitter is the official forum instead of the actual official forums. Well, at least it was for a while. It is… marginally better now.

8 Likes

Can we actually get some decent rewards for re-upping or nah? half puts me off the grind

Plus the emblems look whack too

2 Likes

They have been working on that for many months… and we may see the fruits of it in Op 5 finally.

What I would have liked to know is how our current XP progress carries over into the new system if I was to say, use this to do boring Overload Marcus farming for days to reach Reup 30.

1 Like

They have been but actually on Twitter they said it could ts for PvE too…will I play? I doubt it lmao

1 Like

May as well top off my re-up to 20, I literally have no drive to continue any further unless a friend or something needs help to farm XP for themselves.

1 Like