What's Up - October 1st

4 boltok with an active loaded in

1 Like

That’s my bread and butter! :sweat_smile:

No, I not want Play whit PC Players, when you want Play with Konsole Players buy a SX Finish!

1 Like

You know a Series X is basically better than most PCs - especially at running Gears 5.

I am buying a Series X,

But having a small amount of people locked onto 120FPS just completely undermines people’s not wanting to have Crossplay with PC.

Why segregate for no apparent reason/valid reason anymore.

Community should be United.

don’t you mean we’re outta here?

TC isn’t going anywhere. in Microsoft’s eyes they hit the only points that mattered to them, that’s getting above a 80 metacritic and selling a bunch of gamepass subs.

Here’s what’s up my October 1st.

Using version control they can branch code and work on it while the trunk code gets re-certified.
They’ll be doing this already - having code in a release candidate branch until it passes testing and is ready to push and merging into the main when it’s good to go.
So I’m sure that they’ll be cranking out Op5 code and merging it into release candidate and just won’t be able to promote it higher until re-certification.

Amazing how the store seems to always work while everything else just bugs tf out

1 Like

If all it takes to impress you is maps then it should impress you, I personally don’t care if they added 20 new maps, for Horde maps don’t mean too much.

I know… but it’s so much more fun to daydream about fully achievable achievements in the entire Gears series… party pooper :wink:

1 Like

I’m having difficulty understanding… Psychobabble :roll_eyes:

You’re saying that OP5 content would be put into Gears 5 in October, but they’ll make it available come November :thinking:

Would PC players be able to hack into the code and give us a heads up?

They’re writing it on their machines, and pushing it to the servers for distribution when they’re ready.
Nobody has access to the new code but them.
A hacker could potentially get to where they’re keeping it but they’d be breaking the law and then telling people about it would be helping the authorities

1 Like

Content in general including character skins but ESPECIALLY maps isn’t what impresses me but it’s what’s expected for the game if you compare it to it’s own standards set from Gears 1 thru to 4 a year in from release. Besides the weapon tunin problems, maps have been a HUGE issue for me. If you remove the copy/paste Gears 4 maps (meaning they didn’t even bother changing the feel eg night/day/rain/snow etc) and the trash map Pahanu, how many maps have been delivered? Just 2. A year in. Allfathers & Reactor. Thats a disgrace.

I’m fully aware of all the other issues with the other major one being the netcode but they didn’t give us a time frame on that… they did with new map content. I’m curious to find out if they think we’ve somehow forgot and try to drop another 2 maps. Even 3 wont cut it.

Both. In the eyes of Gears players, are many of us really gonna be confident in TC delivering what we want with Gears 6 if they continue to fumble as they are? And yh, as a consequence many of us will be outta here. I know what you mean about Microsoft & targets but they have the data… it likely showed a huge decline in the player base and we’ve only just touched a year in. Remember, their goal was most likely to have the lifespan of the game last AT LEAST 3 years…

I was NEVER this active on the forums with Gears 4 or any other Gears game (excluding Judgement which I didn’t even care enough about to moan about).

Just hugely disappointed as a massive Gears fan, that’s all. Thanks TC.

The only other issue you see with the game is the netcode? :thinking:

I’ve said this multiple times but I’ll repeat it, TC needs to focus on MEANINGFUL content, not cosmetics, not maps (its arguably counterproductive to even make new maps considering they have dozens of great maps they could remake and/or port from Gears 4)

Like people keep talking about how they’ve moved on from Gears to Sea of Thieves, however Sea of Thieves was a joke at launch content wise, but the devs worked hard and delivered substantive content ever since :slight_smile:

They’ll probably have at least 5, possibly more. I’ve called it. It won’t matter for more than about a month for PvE players, but if all you play is Versus (God bless your soul) then you’ll be pleased.

2 Likes

Thanks for blessing my soul, that was nice of you.

1 Like

You guys changed most of the daily’s and reward systems because you were forcing players to play other modes they didn’t wanna play for locked content yet went and made the medal list more Versus oriented.

Idrc because I can just do Co-op v Ai for it if I wanted to grind for those sub-par skins but what the hell were you thinking. Why didn’t you just make it a medal list of weapons or modes lmao this thing should have 1-2 medals dedicated to Versus not 4 out of 6 of them. It’s like you’re working backwards now.

Imagine if the PVE Versus didn’t exist, you’d be asking players to win 50 matches each rn lmao tf thank god for bots.

The daily’s had me playing escape & horde lol…

& I never ever do that…

But now I do every once in a while…

Not anymore since I unlocked the tour but mid grind I would

I don’t care if an Xbox is better than some PC, I don’t want to be forced to play with PC players and i don’t feel like cheating.You can fool each other, but leave us alone

1 Like

this is a good case for removing the PC icon (and force cross-play)

nothing will change the minds of players who have convinced themselves every single player on PC is cheating and it somehow taints the pool of players or their enjoyment of a game.

sorry to break it to you but this is the direction the industry is moving.

1 Like

It is the way it is because of Microsoft, fat chance TC will do anything different.

If Gears 5 had been optimized for XB1 and certain elements of the game like Lancer play weren’t so dominant PC players wouldn’t get so much flak.

Sony nor Nintendo seem to care very much about cross platform play, obviously third parties studios (in particular the massive free to play ones) do but that’s more of a case by case basis it seems then not. Microsoft (which is what you’re referring to it seems) does have an inclusive approach to gaming, however I suspect that once you consider things like mobile gaming and Xcloud crossplay just seems necessary, if only just for things like loading times or matchmaking.

Going back to my point TC made an awful Versus experience, piss poor rewards/incentives, ranking system that arguably has done far more harm than good for the game, boring gameplay, lackluster maps, etc.
If you seriously think that crossplay being forced would save the dumpster fire that is Gears versus you are mistaken, I’ve given up on it and I suspect many others have as well.

Edit: forcing crossplay would just give Xbox users more reason to hate the game, people have been complaining about “crosslords” since the Gears 3 era and once you’re playing against someone with a Keyboard+Mouse that only exaggerates the issue.

1 Like