What's Up - October 18, 2018 - Discussion Thread

So…lets say this XP boost allows you to get wings 1 finally. When the new achievement drops, does that mean it will pop retroactive or do you need to hit wings 2 now?

If you are already wings then the achievement will unlock as soon as you log in.

I’m not yet, but with 6xp+ next week i’m going to have to re-download it to play some ranked.

They could offer up challenges to earn free esports packs and 10X xp and it still wouldn’t get me away from rdr2 for the coming week.

If you thought the player base was dwindled before…

1 Like

When exactly start 3XP? I mean hour and time zone. :wink:

3x xp is already going but it’s only for monster mash(horde) and pumpkin ball(versus) until the 26th(friday) then everything will get an xp multiplier

1 Like

All too true. Granted rdr2 won’t have multiplayer when it drops in a few days so I’ll prob be popping back over to gears to scratch that itch, well that and I’ve become a boxes Addict lol

How do the omen weapon skins come around with monster mash? Is it only on completion?
With regular horde bonus cards are given after the second boss for wave 30,40 & 50.

Played pumpkin head dodgeball. It’s strange as you can’t tell who is who sometimes in a group rush/skirmish and spend time gnashering your own team mate and thinking you’re going crazy or terrible as you keep missing as he is just casually strolling near you and you look up and it’s 5v1 anyway and all the work was done without you.

Pumpkin head mode should def be on other modes though and Halloween/spooky decorations should be around the map on horde(monster) like webs and ghost pop ups haha.

1 Like

Hi coalition, ive noticed that in the new Halloween event there is a bug where bots t-bag grenade pick ups and end up bugging out, staying like this for ages. I don’t know if this would work BUT would this be able to be resolved by removing bot pick up features in programming. This would allow the bug to not only happen but also leave the pick ups for the people playing the game. Don’t know if this would work but just wanted to try and help as although its hilarious, losing due to a t-bagging bot is not ideal haha.

Missed last year. Not impressed with this year. Kind of SOSO. Pumpkin heads? Just makes it more difficult to see who’s who. How about pumpkin grenades everywhere only! Something crazy insane. Dodgeball isn’t that fun except for the top 2-3 players who manage to run ahead and get all the kills before I can get there. Not sure why the gear packs are waiting til Friday when we’re playing bash already. Horde didn’t give me any skill cards so I won’t be playing that again. 3xp? Boohoo!

Just a question, in the whats up post a few days ago, regarding the midnight omen weapon skinds it says they “are in the pool” and available somehow for this halloween event… They are not in the store and also not craftable, and maybe im missing something here lol but can someone fill me in on how to get these during this event?

I got 'em through playing Monster Mash.

1 Like

You need to finish wave 25 on Monster Mash, there is a guaranteed midnight omen skin.

Okay thanks guys, only one? :frowning: Lol its okay though i dont really need em if i have to play horde, ill just play koth like normal and this weekend starts extra xp! Im hoping for 100 times xp haha

There are 14 cards in the pool, each time you complete Monster Mash on wave 25 you’ll get one, doesn’t matter if its normal or insane.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks for the info man i guess one run thru should be like 40 mins or something?

It says omen gun each boss wave anyway now I beat it an got a double lol

By the way, I’m surprised that no one has noticed that when you click on the “community” tab and it gives you the links for each “What’s Up”, the mini description for the 18 October one says “In this week’s What’s Up, we reveal the new Theron Gear Pack, our upcoming Halloween festivities and huge XP bonuses on the way.”

“New Theron Gear Pack”? Surely just a mistake or did TC accidently and prematurely give away a future pack?

I saw that but in the actual whats up theres nothing