Been playing gears since 1. It’s quite simple to make the game great again. This game wasn’t made for the fortnite/cod crowd. They’re trying to push it like that for the money. My opinion on what would make it great again:
(In no particular order)
- Bring back old maps.
- Remove new maps/re-work them
- Reduce shotgun power ( GOW 4 Competitive tuning, would encourage strafing and more movement)
- Remove all aim assists
- Speed up wall bounce/ change mechanics ( somewhere in between 3/4)
- Bring back the gore
- All OG characters for free as a sorry
- Reward based skins e.g. 100 Head shots in versus, they don’t understand that more people would play the game to grind out rewards)
- Mixture of old gears sounds (shotgun, head shots etc…)
- More shotgun bullets
- Remove current melee
- Increased transition speed (better for close combat shotgun battles)
- Remove stopping power
They made a game for the casual audience while forgetting about the vets for a quick buck, They didn’t realize that this game was made and built for hardcore competitive players who supported the game for the skill it required.