Gears Forums

What We Don’t Want in Gears 5’s Multiplayer

horde
versus

(bazinga a7x) #86

You do realize its a game right. The gore is pixels. The physics of the game were never meant to make sense.

(Ektope) #87

Yeah, as much gore as possible would be awesome.
Even if can’t be too detailed, then I’d want 3x as much blood than previous.
Blood everywhere, a blood fest.
Something like Killing Floor level of blood.

(Ektope) #88

It might be a really gory game with brutal executions and chainsaw, decapitation and blowing apart with close quarter Shotguns, but the blood level hasn’t obviously been enough.
When Gears 4 improved it by adding blood all over characters, that was a step in the right direction.
I would like to see where else they could improve.
It was a little disappointment when the blood doesn’t smear on walls anymore, like in Gears 2 and 3.

(III EnVii III) #90

I want so much blood that there’s a mission where Kait and Del have to go and give blood at a local centre because everyone else’s blood is getting spilt :+1:

(iBlazeOddish) #91

This made me laugh.

(III EnVii III) #92

Your GT made me laugh :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(bazinga a7x) #94

WE need So Much Blood, and Gore, that I will not be able to count the amount of organs and body parts on the floor. I want so much blood that even a Tarantino movie will look tame in comparison.

(iBlazeOddish) #95

I want to do a Tri-shot execution and then not be able to use the Tri-shot anymore for a few seconds because intestines are wrapped around and clogging up the chamber. Then I want my character to physically remove the intestines and say something like “Who wants locust burgers?”

(bazinga a7x) #96

Wouldn’t it be cool if the intestines wiped around as the Tri-Shot pun, and splattered everything around you. Better yet, those intestines ripping of the Tri Shot, getting wrapped around a nearby locust, and you can choke him with the guts and / or use the Tri-Shot to rip up his guts like a mixer.

Good times.

(Bazinga I Core) #97

30Hz Server

(GAMEKILLER O24) #98

30min of lobby disolving? like its been doing in 4 as i type this.

(J4CKA1) #99

I use the enforcer because no one chainsaws in MP and it’s a quicker down than the lancer. Solid gun… why remove?

(chainsawsquirel) #100

pretty sure that these guys are trolling you, they smelt blood in the water and they came for you :wink:

If they do bring back the details like that, there’ll be a gore on/gore off option. That’ll be as far as they go, wont allow for various levels of gore probs.
Originally, the gore was toned down from gears 3 onwards once the MP moved on to dedicated servers, they toned down the gore in many ways in order to save on memory space. They may have also had the thought of the gore turning people off in mind also as they tried growing their fanbase.

When I first played gears, the gore was shocking. I remember saying ‘HOLY SH**’ the first time I saw someone’s head pop, then seeing the neck vertebrae and even veins sticking out from the remains. Things like this in gears 1 are what made it seem so horrific and unforgiving to be living in the world of the gears and the locust. Now stuff like that has been dulled down by reductions in detail, half measures and joke lines like “pop goes the freakshow!”. Although, admittedly I love that line lol.

(MrocznyMesjasz) #101

I would not want robots in the 5th part of Gears of War either in campaigns or in Multiplayer ;), Zombie in GoW also in my opinion is not a good idea … but what to deal now is a boom to be in every game Zombie as well as mode Battle Royale :smiley:

(ACIDICIZANAGI) #103

can they add tagging your teammate with a frag to be a martyr… that would pretty damn cool.

(Ektope) #104

Even better would be frag tagging yourself to be a martyr, before blowing up several enemies when breaking a Ring in KOTH.

(chainsawsquirel) #105

that would be terrible, coz then trolls like me would deliberately go around tagging team mates with nades :stuck_out_tongue:

(chainsawsquirel) #106

What would you do if they brought back bones and organs, and made it so there was no option to turn off gore?

TC took a half measure with the gore, when they should have gone all the way.

(chainsawsquirel) #108

Clearly you’ve completely misinterpreted the question, i’m not trying to force my ideals for the game down anyones throat lol, just chill. All I wanted to know is would it stop you buying or playing the game lol. Also, alien isolation is awesome.

(SuperStevie09) #109

still remember the first time those robots chased me in a control room, telling me everything is going to be fine. Eventually pulling me out of a locker.