What to expect from Operation 2?

Will Gears 5 finally redeem themselves ?

1 Like

Probably not

13 Likes

If they don’t redeemn themselves idk who would still play ! I hope they do

I mean I still play and tbh I don’t really care much for the whole store thing. They already slowed down the items and made them switch from daily to weekly, the only thing that really bothers me is connectivity and server issues. Fix those and I’m happy c:

5 Likes

I don’t think so, but I’d better be seeing a Locust in there as an early reward or else I’m gonna flip so much sh*t that Busta Rhymes would be proud.

5 Likes

I agree, it would be cool if the coaltion does something like that

More bugs, daxter #1 for gauntlet clears. And multiplayer to be dead.

They will redeem. I caught part of the stream today I liked everything I heard. There removing the adhesion all together for rank. Aim assist will be toggled and lancer will be adjusted again. There taking feedback serious, which is a great thing. Idk if it will be updated with the launch of TOD 2 but it’s going to happen.

8 Likes

They seemed beyond excited on the stream…time will tell.

Seriously? They said that?

1 Like

Agree, as a huge gears of war fan, we really want gears 5 to fix its issues. Thats good their listeing to us

1 Like

I’m positive TC realizes how crucial OP2 is in sustaining the player base, and they’ve got to make a big impact right out the gate.

My only question is why they haven’t released any details about it whatsoever. Will telling the community who at this point is already fed up, ANYTHING we should look forward to? It doesn’t seem like a good marketing strategy to me, but I could be wrong.

3 Likes

TC are not great at marketing, we know that from the E3 awful reveal of Gears 5 (still can’t believe how bad that was) and the fact they miss update release dates continually and do not let us know until the last moment.

I would agree it needs to be something special. I looked on Twitch and Mixer yesterday, the viewing figures for Gears 5 are pitiful. I know that is not the be all and end all, but it shows that TC have a lot of work to do to make the game relevant again. I really want them to succeed,

1 Like

Expect nothing… thats what got these preorder, etc people all the more mad…
Believe nothing from a company until its actually provable.

They said they probably will end up getting rid of adhesion for all ranked but it takes time and they’d have to retune the lancer again and they don’t want to do that right after they just tuned it.

So don’t hold your breath.

1 Like

TC can´t fix all points. There are to many bugs and things in the game, which aren´t how they should be. But with the start of operation 2 we will see how serious TC takes the Feedback of the fanbase. They must fix the ranked system (I play ranked not wreally often, but it´s an important point for many players), they Need to get Horde changed into a mode, which make sense to play and after over two months they must fix some great bugs in the campaign or at the archivments too. Maybe then this game still have a chance at the fanbase. When there comes nothing or nothing important stuff, then this game finally falles down.

1 Like

Yes

Ah, the classic “takes time”, even though they already have the ability to disable it on a per playlist basis.

:roll_eyes:

Don’t see why the lancer would need tuning again after removing the adhesion. It’s already as strong as heck with people active spamming all the time

1 Like

3 Likes

I am expecting 1 new map, 1 re-used map from past games or a weather affect changed one from gears 5, some new skins, emotes, blood sprays some other waste of time stuff but no actual content like new bosses in horde mode, new base defense options, new wave enemies, new weapons added, no beast mode brought back or make escape mode remotely interesting etc.

3 Likes