What is your New Year's resolution in relation to Gears?

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #1

For me, it would be sniping. Although I do have the Mastery achievement, I still am quite shaky with the Longshot, and miss Headshots a lot of the time. So I plan on practice on that particular aspect in the upcoming year.

(Duffman GB) #2

Play more Gears…3!
:wink:

Increase my Gears collection of crapola.
Day one Gears 5 hopefully with custom x
Take a week off when Gears releases, just like 2,3,J and 4.

(jvergoth) #3

Just to get better at all.:smirk:

(crazychainsaws8) #4

For gears 5 to be good

(AliceInChainsaw) #5

Phase 1. Learn how to compute lag compensation equations in my head to react fast enough to overcome the servers bias opinion of things.

Phase 2. Become the server.

Phase 3. Become gears

(mendigo2005) #6

Try to beat insane 25, horde frenzy, solo and iron man on.

(Aziz XXCOOLXX) #7

Get all the Campigan achievements (didn’t get them because I am a lazy person)
Or get diamond in any playlist solo at least once… Or if I lost hope I may get it a team. So a third thing I want to do this year is find a team :smile:

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #8

You can count me in. I’m not the best player, and I usually only a couple koth, tdm matches at a time. But I play when I can

(DownInFlames85) #9

Realistic - finish my 7 remaining Gears 4 achievements (3 ROTH / 4 November Update)

Unrealistic - Actually trying to “Git Gud” at MP

:smile:

(Me0wMix CatFood) #10

In 2018 I got pretty good at not dying and I get the ribbon for “took the least damage” in most matches. I get decent kills but in 2019 I want to be more of a slayer. Instead of helping teammates acquire power weapons, I want to get them myself and be on the frontline more. I think that’s the only thing keeping me in onyx ranks, is playing support more than pushing.

(GreatWhiteShark) #11

Resolutions never stick. You guys are just going to play the same tomorrow as you would yesterday. This isn’t 2014 anymore, be realistic. Nobody goin to change.

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #12

Gasp! You just killed my vibe!

(Slipping Flames) #13

Downgrade from a solid cable connection to a spotty dsl connection using a WiFi router I bought for $5 bucks at a pawn shop. Instantly become a better player. SMH.

(GreatWhiteShark) #14

Sorry. All em facebook resolutions have been killing my vibe over the holidays. Just kinda spilled here I guess.

But since I’m already here… Uh, I really do need to improve on my wall bouncing. But I’m at the point where I’d have to change from default to tourney or whatever to make a real difference and I just don’t feel like sucking at Gears for weeks at a time.

When I get my xbox back this month, I’m done playing on the PC for good. Getting tired of the crashes now.

(Retrodeadmetal) #15

You can never get good flames!!!

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #16

To not play Gears 4 ever again. Oh wait, I uninstalled it.

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #17

“I Know!!”
Sits down and cries

@Me0wMix_CatFood I actually have the opposite problem. I rush way too much, which is why I’m terrible at tdm. But with that said, I am onyx in both tdm and Koth.
I think the ranking system prefers more aggressive players. I dunno

(V7K1NG) #18

Keep trying to improve what we do at the GFC to make our tournaments the best they can possibly be

(oLETHALoSCOPEo) #19

Add me cuz I’m onyx 2 nd 3 in everything but just need a team desperately so I can get my diamond and stop losing my mind lol. GT : oLETHALoSCOPEo

(telekinetix) #20

In game boycotting, if more than 1 player on each team has over 100 ping i just camp the power weapons pocket them and hide i dont use them and i dont involve myself in the game, i just wait for it to finish and try to stay alive