What is the general consensus about smurfs?

So on the one hand, I could see someone who is , for all intents and purposes, a diamond. But, because it has taken him a long time to reach that skill level, he has too many losses stacked against him to actually reach D. But, on the other, it does really mess up the ranking system.
Now I personally don’t care. I’ve been an Onyx since Season 3, and I believe to be a legitimate Onyx, nothing more, nothing less. But I was wondering what everyone thought about smerfs. I can see why they would either be loved or hated.

Well I always liked Papa Smerf. He was a little cocky devil. :rofl:

4 Likes

I have always been an onyx as well. But these people I think screw up the pool for others to progress forward since there is no rank decay for not playing. It also puts these players against much lower ranks than them and causes others to decrease in matches they should not be in.

4 Likes

I really don’t care about ranked at all at this point but I do agree for newer players smurfs could be a problem. I’m honestly surprised people are willing to throw away all their other game progress just for gears. Seems complicated.

Anyways, I made a smurf the other night to mess around and remembered why I am absolute trash at this game

P.S. It was NOT a good game

1 Like

In one way, it unfortunately helps bullies who are intimidated to play against people of their rank.
In another, it helps people who get stuck in the late-season pit of not being able to rank up because any movement in rank becomes extremely small since it’s balanced against your entire season. It’s unkind toward people like me who improve all the time.

This account is a secondary one but I don’t use it for rank, nor do I abuse it. I use it when bronze or silver level friends want to play but don’t want to get destroyed in high level lobbies. I’m against bullying so I don’t play sweaty in those situations. I just go for trick shots, no lancering, and if I’m getting too many kills, I’ll stop and let the rest of the players finish up their match.

1 Like

Catch them for Gargamel.:smiley:

2 Likes

the general consensus i believe is it’s spelled smurf but that could just be me

2 Likes

It has been corrected lol!

1 Like

you have my gratitude