What is everyone’s go to class on multiplayer?

Specifically in gears 5, I don’t play online all that much but have been trying a few different classes, just wondering what everyone prefers?

1 Like

Used to be Marksman
now and days its Anchor or Robotic Experts.

3 Likes

Currently Blademaster, Pilot or Gunner depending on what I feel like on a given day, and/or daily modifiers. More rarely Anchor.

3 Likes

Anchor and Infiltrator are the two classes I have most fun with so I tend to play them the most. Occasionally I like to throw in a Marksman or Nomad game, sometimes Protector as well.

2 Likes

Infiltrator,Gunner,Anchor,Robotics Expert or Mechanic,Jack,Nomad, Pilot and occasionally Blademaster.

1. Blademaster

2. Gunner or Pilot. They’re both equally enjoyable to play as.

3. Infiltrator

4. Striker

5. Brawler (tackle build)

6. Protector

1 Like

Slugger

1 Like

Demolitions

1 Like

Anchor or Gunner.

Halt! Your kind tis not welcome here on a Saturday.

2 Likes

Turner is one of the Demo players that actually has a brain in his skull. If you’re in his Boss Rush games and he’s Demo? You have a 99% chance of winning. If he’s Demo and Mechanic Baird you are guaranteed a win.

4 Likes

Anchor for escape. Blademaster or Protector depending on how I’m feeling in horde.

3 Likes

Broadly speaking, the only classes I don’t like playing are any engineer class; or Veteran. I find them pretty boring to be honest. I’d generally okay to play any class and like to think I’m reasonably good at all of them.

Lately I’ve mostly been playing alot as Infiltrator, Anchor and Blademaster for Horde; and for Escape I’ve been playing the same classes as above, but also Tactician, Marksman, Nomad and Gunner.

2 Likes

Lol I’m not saying Demolitions so I can kill a scion. I’m saying Demolitions so I can kill 7 kestrels in one wave.

3 Likes

I’m just messing around, I have nothing against any classes honestly lol. Just wish I were better at some.

1 Like

All good. Most people’s general dislike for Demo makes me like it more. I’m petty like that.lol

That’s what we all have in common though, we can all be better at some class.

2 Likes

I’m guessing most people who don’t like Demos either keep playing with moron Demos (there are a bunch) or don’t like the idea that they have just about 0 chance of out damaging a good demo. Don’t get me wrong, it’s possible but it’s pretty dang hard to do because the boss damage is so massive. I’ve definitely out-killed my friend when he plays Demo but I can’t manage to beat his damage or even come close. That being said I roll my eyes when Demo brags about damage lol my Demo is maxed too, it’s a super easy class to play and isn’t that special to be top damage.

I tend to like classes that can also be force multipliers so I love Jack and Nomad. They’re able to do massive killing, at least the way I play both, but you can also help the team in a bunch of other ways. Both have a unique ability to un-screw a situation that’s looking grim.

My other favorite class doesn’t fit that bill, and that’s Pilot. It suits my play style very well. I got great at Dropshots on Gears 4, so it was a natural fit for me but I love my Silverback. I’ve heard some complaining that the Dropshot doesn’t do enough damage (mine is level 6 now), but that’s not what I’m trying to do with it. I’m trying to stun a Scion or Elite and perk my Ult. All I care about with a Dropshot is getting my Silverback up and running, which it does very fast.

I love all of the classes though except Architect and Striker. Both are just bad versions of better classes, sorry not to be mean.

I honestly can’t wrap my head around a Demo bragging about their performance in a frenzy or 1-50 unless they are talking about beating their own personal best. None of that matters if you lose though.

If Demo is considered “easy to play” play by the masses what is considered “hard to play”?

1 Like

By the general public, id say they think Demo is the easiest because its pretty easy gameplay tbf. You can sit in one spot and blow everything up with the boomshot. Any boss will be destroyed by a single button press.

By the general public, id say they think the melee classes are hardest to play. Its just completely foreign gameplay that hasn’t been in any other gears PvE. And the general public just came hot off of Gears 4 where most of them played “speedruns” where they didn’t truly have to fight anything and the game played itself past wave like 8 so they didn’t have experience actually fighting anything lol (if you like speedruns this isnt a personal attack but what i said it still true, the game played itself in speedruns)

In my opinion though, theres nothing in Gears 5 thats difficult to play. Most of the classes are so strong that 50 waves and frenzy’s are a breeze. Some daily modifier sets present challenges for certain classes which is what I find fun to play, and PvE is just fun to play in general.

3 Likes

That last paragraph is basically how I feel.lol. It’s all easy.

When they buffed all the classes, they didn’t buff any of the modes. I think it should’ve happened at the same time. I know some classes changed at different times but you get my point.

1 Like