What have they done to my boy?

I know I thought the New COG helmets looked eh and the Ony Guards looked strange… but C’mon…

How come Lizzie looks not too bad and Clayton kept his old helmet–and now this? IMO it’s the ugliest helmet in Gears yet.

LIke C’mon!

#BustedTundra Out!

1 Like

It just looks lighter, I think they did a great job recreating him

4 Likes

Idk. Maybe it’s just me but that helmet looks goofy as hell.

I didn’t think the new Onyx was too bad but it’s not as good as it was before either. But I think Clayton looks wayy worse.

1 Like

There is something off about him. Looks like they made the eyes closer together, and in the Gears 3 version they’re slanted inward whereas this version they’re more straight. The helmet might be wider now but that could just be angle differences, also the lights are a different shade of blue. Those are the only discernible differences that I can make out.

For me it seems the eyes are flatter (Horizontally) and the helmet looks more squished. Along with the color difference.

Looks very similar.

1 Like

True true…but I just have some issue with how it looks imo.

1 Like

It’s just the eyes. They’re dimmer and seem slightly narrower.

Other than that it’s still the same Clayton.

1 Like

I love the new Onyx Guard, the old one looks “clunky” to me, I don’t know why. Recruit Clayton looks lighter, maybe it’s just the lighting

What have they done?

The least amount of effort it looks like!

1 Like

I think he looks pretty dope…

1 Like

What have they done?

Added Recruit Clayton variant to the game.

5 Likes

The quality looks a lot poorer. It looks lighter as well, not good.

The Onyx Guard is terrible as well, I was quite annoyed with that, quite unforgivable. But not as unforgivable as what they’ve done to my Myrrah.

It’s almost as if they want pain.

3 Likes

In the OP, it should have compared gameplay look from Gears 3 and 5. Rather than the picture. I had also thought it’s possible to change the brightness in settings, so it might look better. The brightness setting in Gears 3 and 5. Yet there’s the comparison of brightness and light. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I know what you’re meaning, but having looked at gameplay on YouTube he still looks better on Gears of War 3. It might be different ingame, we’ll see.

1 Like

The original Onyx looks and sounds brilliant, even more buff in J. Totally should have kept the same style.

I do use him in 5 99% of the time still with Phantom skins.

1 Like

Why not the Onyx skins? It would look better, no?

1 Like

Morning, not too sure, I just love the transparency of phantom skins.

1 Like

Fair enough. And little harder to see in Versus.

1 Like

I feel like they all kinda look the same. There’s an interesting thing I’ve noticed with helmeted characters, and I think it’s an inherited trait. Some people are very drawn toward characters with helmets and others (like me) don’t like them at all, don’t relate to those characters, and don’t notice much of a difference between them. That might sound weird but I’ve seen many studies on the way humans respond to facial various features, expressions, etc. The fact that clowns scare us is even related to how we recognize certain features.

Anyhow, that’s my very long way of saying, I don’t see a big change, but if you do I believe you.

1 Like