What happened to trialing 2000cr and 400cr packs?

Ever since it was announced that you were going to trial offering both pack pricing options for future packs, around the time of the ncog pack release @TC_Octus I haven’t seen a single time the dual pack option has been offered.

Are we going to get the option or was this another mistake?

Case in point, palace guard packs only have a 2000 cr 5 card option. It was the same with the thrashball packs too. Where’s the 400cr 3 card option?

Thanks

Edit: Source below:

However, conversations this week has also indicated that, while 2000 Packs are popular, so are 400 Packs to a degree. Many of you also reached out to ask simply for options so YOU could decide what path to go down with regards to Packs.

So, on a trial basis beginning with our next new Gear Pack release, we’re going to do just that. Our plan right now is to move forward with both a 400 and 2000 Credit Pack option on our new Gear Packs.

https://gearsofwar.com/en-ie/community/whatsup-july5-2018

3 Likes

Palace Guard is a returning Pack, maybe he talked about new Packs.

Or some wires were crossed.

3 Likes

Returning sure.

If it’s only going to be tried in new packs, it’s going to be pretty pointless for the rest of the games lifespan though, don’t you think

Can’t see many more new packs coming out in the future (after the lambent ones).

If this doesn’t get an official reply, which it’s likely not to, I guess we’ll see if you’re right when the sraak packs come out for credits soon :+1:

1 Like

Took me a while to find but here is the link,
Also a minor edit,

1 Like

What test? Lol.

This isn’t aimed at you, but I find that message by octus amusing.

• When was this trialed?
  • Who prefers spending 2000cr for 5 cards (in 2000cr packs) when you can get 15 cards for 2000cr (400cr packs).
  • I reckon this trial was just data on pack sales. They’re usually 2000cr so that data isn’t a trial and is totally biased as a result.

Was during one of the Dizzy Packs. All I remember bud.

2 Likes

Hmmm… That was before he said that the trial would be happening in a what’s up post though.

I’ll link the relevant what’s up post in the OP when I’m on my PC. If it hasn’t been edited out of course.

:confused:

Edited the post above where he mentions the test.

Hmmmm… It must have been brought back up again then, as I wasn’t around for the dizzy packs and I remember this being said around the time of the outer wilds pack/ncog pack releases, which was after the tweets you linked.

No sweat :smiley:

However, conversations this week has also indicated that, while 2000 Packs are popular, so are 400 Packs to a degree. Many of you also reached out to ask simply for options so YOU could decide what path to go down with regards to Packs.

So, on a trial basis beginning with our next new Gear Pack release, we’re going to do just that. Our plan right now is to move forward with both a 400 and 2000 Credit Pack option on our new Gear Packs.

https://gearsofwar.com/en-ie/community/whatsup-july5-2018

I knew I wasn’t going crazy :rofl:

:smiley:
TC being TC I guess.

It does say “new” gear packs though.

I presumed that meant any released going forward, regardless of if they were released previously.

That sucks then

I’m pretty sure they forgot about it or remembered at the last possible minute, “what do we do? just keep it the way it is”.

For the Tracker Ball event they said from day 1 that they would think of a way to give a fair chance for everyone to get the skins (with a pool of 14 the chances were loooooooow), what happened? We got you covered gears fans! trackerball is extended for the weekend and we pushed Horde Mania for tuesday .This effectively resulted in pissing both Horde Mania players (no chance to play it that weekend) and those chasing the Gear Ball skin set.

I understand they are understaffed but at the very least they should double check what they write, specially if it appears in the “What’s Up” of the week.

As for the 400 & 2000 packs, the feedback was the store data taken from the time Oil Rig Dizzy was available, they claim 2000 packs vastly outnumbered 400 packs so they got rid of them. If both can coexist, I don’t understand why they can’t keep both.

1 Like

This is what annoys me. They said from feedback 2000cr packs were more popular yet everyone seems to prefer 400. I honestly thought there was some sort of question on which do you prefer posted that I missed when the announcement came out and players responded with 2000cr packs but it all seems to come from store data which for some reason doesn’t seem to be all that accurate looking at the amount of calls for the 400cr packs I have seen. I honestly don’t know anyone who would rather have the 2000cr pack over the 400cr and I am sure there are those but going by the opinion poll as in what I seen posted and players I have talked to online it all seems to lead in the direction of the 400cr packs.

Edit: How many players were made or were aware of this test they carried out on the dizzy packs because to me that seems like something that should be taken into account. I was around when the Dizzy packs were released and seen no indication or announcement for a test. There may have very well been an announcement but I am not on twitter, I don’t follow them on facebook, I use the forums and recall nothing being mentioned on the MOTD.

1 Like

I believe they said on new future packs and we haven’t had one since the NCOG pack. I’d bet the next NEW pack we get will have both options. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trashball and Palace were both released a long time ago… I don’t think it would really make sense to add a trial to old packs

Couldn’t agree more. I was gonna make a topic, but found this instead.

My issue is that TC didn’t make clear what they were doing. TC is going directly off the pack buying data. They also said initially that you have the same chance to get a Legendary Card (i.e. character) out of a 2000 cr pack as a 400 cr pack. Only after multiple complaints did TC actually clarify that it was the same chance per credit spent.

While this does sound all well and good, another poster already brought up the point that for the five 400 cr packs you can get for the same price as one 2000 cr pack you can probably pick up ~6-7 of the weapons skins (out of the 14, allowing for emblems, dupes, and luck based drops of the Epic skins) vice maybe 3 out of the single 2000 cr pack.

So yea, you may have to open more packs but in the long run you’ll get more cards and more scrap out of the 400 cr packs than the 2000 cr packs.

1 Like