What Characters from the Gears Universe arent in Gears 5 yet?

So after some could be wrong quick maths, if we get 4 characters per operation and assuming the Games lifespan is 3 years we should get 48 total post launch characters by the end of this games life cycle (this is already kinda innaccurate considering the 4 mid OP 1 and The extra Kantus in January) if they continue until the last month. Frankly i dont feel like 48 new ones is enough to fit most of the characters in the Gears universe, but dont have exacts on how many need to be included. Comic only characters are a possibility as well so list those please if anyone decides to make a list

@GearsCharacters

I believe you have been summoned!

6 Likes

There’s no way we will get all of them unfortunately. Maybe around 70% of them at most? There’s so much work that will need to go into them - reconstructing the character model, voice lines to be re-recorded, Arcade mode passive skins need to be chosen and built in, for the human characters Horde/Escape skills need to be created…

Not including the ones that have been announced already, and not going into all the different variants:

Dom
Cole
Anya
Sam
Hoffman
Bernie
Tai
Dizzy
Jace
Barrick
Paduk
Minh
Prescott
Loomis
Jinn
Valera
Sofia
Anthony Carmine
Benjamin Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Gary Carmine
Griffin
Alex Brand
Oscar
Reyna
Various COG Gear variants like the Medic, V-Day Gears, NCOG, Golden Gear etc)
UIR variants
Adam Fenix

Locust Grenadier
Locust Grenadier Elite
Sniper
Beast Rider
Miner
Hunter
Hunter Elite
Cyclops
Spotter
Savage Kantus
Stalker Kantus (& Elite variant)
Armored Kantus
RAAM
Skorge
Uzil Sraak
Myrrah
Savage Drone
Savage Grenadier
Savage Grenadier Elite
Savage Hunter
Savage Marauder
Theron Guard (and variants)
Lambent Drone, Grenadiers etc
Thrashball Drone
Palace Guard
Flame Grenadier
Heavy Scion
Armored and Elite Scion variants
Classic Swarm Grenadier
Classic Swarm Hunter
Classic Swarm Drone Elite

Might be a few more I have forgotten, or some which I figure are variants of something else like the Onyx Gold or Spectre Swarm characters.

And I left out several campaign-only Locust variants like the Bolter, Grappler etc cos they were never Versus characters to my memory.

Plus there’s a few others I consciously left out like the Stranded characters Hanley, Chaps etc cos they were never proeprly in GOW as customisation characters (but appeared as AI characters in that Meatshield Versus mode).

6 Likes

@GhostofDelta2

(1st we should get all the Gears 5 campaign characters like).

Clayton Carmine
Augustus Cole. = Skill (Soldier)
Oscar
Garron Paduk. = Skill (Scout)
Queen Reyna

(2nd we should get characters that never made Gears 4).

Jace Stratton β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-- Gears UE
Chairman Prescott β€”β€”β€”β€”-Gears UE
Adam Fenix β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€” Gears UE
Michael Barrick β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”Gears 3
Alicia Valera β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€” Gears 3
Sofia Hendrick β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€” Gears Judgement
Garron Paduk (Aftermath)-Gears Judgement
Ezra Loomis β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-- Gears Judgement
Alex Brand β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”Gears Judgement

Cyclops β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-Gears 2
Golden Hunter β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-Gears UE
Hunter β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”Gears 3
Hunter Elite β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”Gears UE
Miner β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”- Gears UE
Savage Hunter β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”- Gears 3
Savage Marauder β€”β€”β€”β€” Gears 3
Spotter β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€” Gears UE
Rager-(Before rage) β€”β€”-Gears Judgement

(Extras)

Beast Rider - (Gears 2)
Skorge - (Gears 2 Multiplayer Version)
Golden Miner - (Gears UE)

Tai Kaliso - (Gears 2)
Dominic Santiago - (V-Day)=(Gears3)
Augustus Cole - (V-Day)=(Gears3)
Damon Baird - (V-Day)=(Gears3)
Unarmored Marcus - (Gears UE)
Recruit Clayton Carmine - (Gears 3)
Damon Baird - (Judgment)
Augustus Cole - (Judgment)
Garron Paduk - (Judgment)
Marcus Fenix - (Judgment)
Dom Sanitiago - (Judgment)
Tai Kaliso - (Jungle)=(Judgment)
Onyx Guard Male - (Judgment)
Onyx Guard Female - (Judgment)

(And after all that all the Characters from Gears 4).

6 Likes

Bro the fact that you put Dom all the way at the bottom like that really just made your list invalid. The fact they’re adding in characters from the original series like Kantus and the new one from Raam’s unit kinda makes it seems that they’re doing this randomly .

So far all the GOG characters from Operations 1 & 2 are from Gears 5 campaign.

Dom was not active in Gears 5 campaign. So thats why Operation 3 will look something like this.

Clayton Carmine
Augustus Cole =.Skill (Soldier)
Oscar
Garron Paduk. = Skill (Scout)
Queen Reyna

How does this make his list invalid? A list is a list. Only one item can be at the top of a list, and one item has to be at the bottom with everything else in between. Why is this even an issue? Maybe he wrote the list as a train-of-thought?

Invalid? What an odd thing to say.

As for TC’s randomness, it’s probably based on their whim and there’s a degree of randomness.

Thing is with how they are classifying characters and skin variants, they have to release a default base version. So if the Savage Kantus is a skin variant of the Kantus, then the regular Kantus has to be in the game first.

3 Likes

Good work on that list.

1 Like

Harper, draper, rossi, salton

General Karn (was the best thing about Judgement)
GBL (Grievous Bodily Love) Coalition is really missing a huge opportunity here not putting them in the game epic story plus they look awesome think the Mad Max breeders with Lancers. FIRE !!!

GBL

I’m going to put some of the unplayables
Karn
Locust rager
Cloakless cleaver Theron
Stranded leader Franklin
Gears 4 elite swarm drone (this version of swarm has been cut from 5 for reasons unknown to me)

1 Like

I would like to see more 1-3 campaign locust especially Bolter, Grappler, and the Troika Gunner drone.

Don’t forget Aaron Griffin, y’all.

48 would already be quite a bit. Bear in mind that it concerns unique characters, not extra/reskins. Like Onyx Guard being part of the Cog Gear character set. So in lists like those of BleedingPepper and GearsCharacters, characters like β€˜Savage Drone’ or β€˜Unarmored Marcus’ will be part of the β€˜(Locust) Drone’ or β€˜Marcus’ set. These skins can either be put on the marketplace or be part of the reward cycle of Tour of Duty.

This system leaves room for the addition for a lot of characters, I hope it’ll be to the benefit of characters like Alicia Valera or Alex Brand.

Yea towards the end the roster will be huge, only problem is at this rate its gonna take like a year and a half to get most peoples favorites

Paduk (3 skins possible)
Sofia (old sofia possible skin)
Karn
Rager with 2 skin before and after rage
Bolter, grappler and other drone versions
And many others possibility that TC will never do with 5 guy every 3 month

The only important one, Will Carmine

Yeah, the rate should definitely be higher.

Nice!

I can definitely get on Board with that.