Weird ranking system

In 2v2 gnashers I’m ranked Diamond 2, and after a few games or so I got to “100% eligible for promotion”, but yet, nothing happened. So, I won another game right after seeing that and still did not rank up, got a little annoyed, but I carried on. BUT THEN, I lost 1 match, just one, and it INSTANTLY brought my percentage from 100% to 97%… It makes no sense. If I get 100%, there should be no “100% eligible for promotion”, it should instantly promote just as if I lose, I instantly get deranked. It’s happened to me numerous times. Happened for my Onyx 2, 3, Diamond 1, 2, and now 3.
EDIT: Before I went into my last match, I was 99.44% to my next promotion (Diamond 3), and I finished the game 14 - 1, and the score was 7 - 1, and I’m now at 100%, and didn’t get promoted, but if I lost that match I would have been instantly demoted.

2 Likes

Welcome to Gears of war, to get promoted you need to wait 1 or 2 hours, if you get 100% dont play anymore, cuz this rank systems are trash, just get 100% and wait.

Bad english but i tried😁

Sometimes it works and ranks me up the next match (if I win), but lately, the servers have had severe autism.

2 Likes

Yup, good luck with that buddy, remember Systeam ranks Sucks asf😪

Sometimes the system ranks you up instantly, sometimes you play couple of matches then your rank is updated, and almost you have to wait 1 hour as per TC’s tweet.

If I were you, I won’t take my chances if it was D3++, as you might loose and your percentage go down. That happened to both of me and my friend when we were playing tdm, We were D4 100% for three wins in a raw, and after we lost one match, we got back to D4 98% :smile:.

1 Like

I thought the way TC explained the ranking worked, is that you need to exceed your rank within that bracket. So in effect you got to get 101% to prove that you’re worthy of stepping up into the next bracket. I might be wrong but I’m pretty sure I heard this in one of the Developer’s Streams a while back.

EDIT:
Basically if you’re say, rank Diamond 1 and at 100% you’re at the very top of D1, but need to hit 101% to step out of D1 and into the bottom 1% of D2.

1 Like

Just look at the thread I posted, same problem is happening! TC hasn’t responded to me on here or Twitter and I should have been Diamond Tier 1 by now!

This is so frustrating because when I win I don’t get percentage reward but when I lose I lose my percentage! What the he’ll…

1 Like

Might be that, not sure though as I was Diamond 3 100%, and I went to go play some other game modes just to ensure I wouldn’t lose a match and instantly get deranked. After an hour I checked to see if I went to Diamond 4, and nope. Still Diamond 3. Finally, awhile later (2-3 hours or so) I noticed I was Diamond 4.

Please keep all rank discussions, feedback, and concerns on the Main Ranking System thread.

This allows TC to track all posts, and provide to the correct team. You can also DM @CoalitionGearson twitter, or PM @anon86589457 If you feel there is an issue with your rank.

Thank you.