We need a one-stop place for information

We need a single, one-stop searchable place, to find all upcoming changes, issues being worked on, issues being investigated, and things that are being reported as issues but are working as intended. When there is an issue, we could see the status of the issue, whether that be investigating it, working on a fix, testing a fix, fix expected to be deployed on a certain day or in the next TU.

A sticky thread here would be the most logical place due to the length of content contained, but with links to it in TWIG, What’s Up, the occasional Tweet, etc. Maybe something in the following format, with a few examples thrown in to give a better visualization:

Current Issues/Work
    Global
            Allies XP – XP per level requirement reduction – in progress, ETA ____
            Re-UP XP – XP requirements reduction – in progress, ETA ____
    Verses
        General
        Ranked
            Ranking System Overhaul – in progress, ETA ____
        Social
            AI difficulty in Co-Op VS AI – even on the radar?
    PVE
        General
        Horde
        Escape

Resolved
    Global
    Verses
        General
        Ranked
        Social
    PVE
        General
            Lizzie’s Silverback game crash – Fixed on: ____
        Horde
        Escape
            Overly Aggressive Melee AI – Fixed on: ____

This alone would be great, but one additional feature that would be awesome is including either a relevant internal ticket number for the community to reference if they wanted/needed to provide additional details or ask about it, or a link on each item to a dedicated thread on it for discussion.

Why do we need this? Currently, most info gets released “somewhere” but there are so many different places that it is hard if not impossible to keep up with it. For example, the only official info I know of about the upcoming allies XP change can be found by coming here to the forums, looking at a thread about the AI difficulty in Co-Op VS AI, and finding a link to a recording of a Pro League Live Stream on Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/578505893) and jumping to about 1 hour and 5 minutes into it. I’m sorry, but that seems ridiculous that something that is supposed to be confirmed as coming at some point has not been officially posted anywhere else in the last two months.

Similarly, the most up-to-date info on adjusting the Re-Up XP requirements I know of is found in a This Week In Gears post from a month ago (https://www.gears5.com/twig-apr30). However, I don’t understand the wording “to reduce the hockey stick effect from Re-Up 20 onwards”. The highest XP increases are actually re-ups 16-20, where they increase by 2,000 per level on each of those re-ups. Re-ups 21-30 only increase by 400 per level on each of those re-ups. Even by re-ups 46-50, the increase per level is only 1,500. Does this mean the overall XP needed for every re-up going to be dropped? Or just even out the increases per re-up so re-up 50 is still at the same place?

The other frustrating thing this could fix is letting folks know when an issue has been seen and acknowledged by TC. When Lizzie’s Silverback was causing Horde & Escape matches to crash, I don’t recall seeing anything from TC acknowledging there was an issue. As a result, many folks posted here and on Twitter trying to draw attention to the issue, but no responses that I recall seeing from TC. Then again, I didn’t scroll through every thread with dozens of posts about it, which brings us back to that one-stop place for all upcoming changes, issues, etc.

The same thing happened with the overly aggressive AI that would insta-kill anyone who got downed in Escape, making is nearly impossible to complete Master difficulty runs. Post after post with no acknowledgement, so keep posting until we finally see something stating it would be fixed in the next update.

Since the beginning of Operation 3, the Beginner difficulty AI on Co-Op VS AI acts the same way as the Hardcore difficulty AI. I’ve seen posts in the forums here and I’ve posted on Twitter. Is TC aware of this change? Was it intended, or an accident like the overly aggressive melee in Escape? No way to know, as no one from TC has acknowledged seeing the posts. I can’t image it is intended, as why have two difficulty labels for the same difficulty? Just reduces the number of people you can get matched up with to face basically the same enemies. Plus nothing saying they were planning/meant to bump the Beginner difficulty up a little. Or maybe I’ve missed something in a Live Stream about this, sorry, I have better things to do than watch someone else play Gears for 2 hours while getting maybe 5 minutes of new info.

One additional benefit of having a “resolved” section would be to be able to showcase how many issues have been identified and fixed.

28 Likes

If you didn’t read the post, don’t bother replying. Thanks.

11 Likes

I read it and agree.

Hope the new CM puts everything right here. Absolutely no reason to piecemeal info.

Place all info here. Then tweet, Reddit, or talk about whatever in streams.

That’s how good communication works.

Official site should be the authoritative source.

4 Likes

Agreed, this should be the number 1 place for info since it’s the official forums but it’s ignored…

2 Likes

Yep. Post here, add link to a tweet or facebook post with a cliffnotes version or highlights.

1 Like

Seems so simple.

Not sure why in practice it has literally never happened.

1 Like

I have long wanted something like you are asking for.

On an unrelated note, congratulations on having the most Gears achievements :slight_smile:

I know, right? It really does not seem like a new idea or unique purpose. If it is noteworthy enough to mention in a Live Stream, on Twitter, on Facebook, in a This Week In Gears, or a What’s Up, throw it in the central hub of knowledge here where it is easy to find and reference as needed.

I find it funny TC won’t comment on upcoming changes. But then they turn around and give us the line about how we need to be patient as there are big changes coming to Ranked, PVE, and the XP requirements for both Allies and Re-Ups. Then again, it was hilarious how they congratulated the first people to hit Re-Up 50, immediately removed the method they used, then announced they’re lowering the XP requirements.

Thanks Ghost. Got 10 of 12 Gears games finished now. Got every achievement and limited time challenge except 6 now. Just missing the 2 pay-for-achievements in Pop (max pin & player levels), and 4 from Gears 5 (BFFs, re-up 30, and all OP3 Hives). Haven’t dropped thousands on Pop, so hopefully the servers stay up long enough for the free-to-play folks to complete it.

1 Like

Hey! I resemble that remark! :joy:

1 Like

No offense meant Lambent. If you’ve got that much money sitting around collecting dust, do with it as you please. I just find it ridiculous that they have effectively put those two achievements behind a paywall for the next 3+ years. No amount of free-to-play grinding will speed that up. There used to be an Xbox policy that prevented the whole pay-for-achievements model that is being used in Pop.

1 Like

I 100% agree. If I had it all to do again, I wouldn’t… it’s pretty bad and scummy.

1 Like

I still have 19 achievements to go, only got 6/12 fully completed.

1 Like

I’m forever doomed to be in 2nd or more place. Damn you Sybarite!

1 Like

Maybe not. Saw a couple people unlocked it recently. One got it on March 5th of this year. Though I would have thought that individual would have put something on their YouTube chanel about it being fixed, but they haven’t. So no clue if it is fixed or not, but there is still hope if folks are getting it to unlock.

I suspect those recent unlocks are not legit. TC is flat out not changing the event ribbons anymore, so the only possible way to unlock it these days is if you already had 29/30 and have not played the current event.

Yet these people are claiming the event changed randomly and is now stuck back in the one it’s been on for years? Sounds fishy to me…

It isn’t fixed, so unless they were somehow at 29/30 for the past few years and only just got it, then they are cheating.

Figures. But no one at TC seems to care. Tried to ask and best response Ingot was to go tell Epic Games about it.

1 Like

I hate how their streams are not always advertised in the same place or streamed on the same channels. I downloaded Mixer and Twitch apps and follow Gears of War, Azteca, and EGL, so I get notifications when they go live. That way I’m not searching around to see when the streams are. They gave away the rest of the Desperado skins on Beyond on Mixer, and because they streamed it on a different channel, I didn’t get a notification. I’ve been watching for years and I have never seen them stream on this channel before. Also didn’t see it advertised on their Facebook, Twitter, or website. Sometimes streams are only broadcasted on just Twitch or just Mixer, too. Last night’s dev stream was done on Domez’s channel. The only way I found that out was through a mod in Mixer chat. It seems so random sometimes.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more in the sense that the official forums is the most ignored part of the community yet filled with some of the most OGs of dedicated gears. I think tc should have a special tag for post that they put on here that gets jumped to the top of the feed page so we know when they give us an actual update but of course none of this will work unless TC decides to give the forums a chance but I cant recall any big tc members coming on here since March. And it’s funny that this forum is actually moderated for the most part and kept clean with only good thoughtful posts actual being successful and read and pushed forward. Wheres twitter, youtube, reddit is filled with even more “this game trash” people which I’m not sure what kind of good problem solving info they get from that but I have seen so many smart posts on forums (one of the best being this one here friend) just being ignored or forgotten. I do agree this is the first place all official information should be posted (official forum?) And for them to be putting there information separated all over the place and some of the biggest changes and news are covered for 5 minutes an hour in on dev streams while watching gameplay that you could do better in lol just doesn’t do it for me. Especially when you are to jump in and ask the important good questions the best answer they have is to avoid and change topic. Just overall very confusing community and I’m tired of seeing weapon/character/ emotes that were made for special event but poorly communicated to us gears unless you just know everywhere to check and are easily able to read all these sites while playing the game there just isnt enough time for both and it defiantly to me wears this community down by the day. I know the most recent tournament skin wasn’t announced on the forum till it was after the first day, and I didnt get the information till I was scrolling youtube and saw it from a popular gear there which is just frustrating. Anyways hopefully tc will be better with bringing all there info to one place(hopefully OFFICIAL forums) but we will see, thanks for the post

1 Like

I agree with you that the Official Forums should be the authoratitve source. But that being said, there are multitudes more people on twitter, facebook, twitch/live streaming services than on the gears forums. It makes sense from a numbers perspective. You’ll get more eyes and ears on those sites than you will here.

It would be awesome if they always posted info here first (and they should) but I imagine the new CM will say “hey what’s up?” here on the forums and then hop on over to twitter and the like.