"We can't sync your data with the cloud right now" [PC] SOLVED!

Hi there! I’m currently trying to play Gears 5 on PC but I keep getting stuck on the popup display that the title says : “We can’t sync your data with the cloud right now”. I keep hitting try again but it doesn’t connect. I got an error code saying “ESTANA” after repeated tries to connect. The only reasoning I can think this is happening to me is because I recently just changed my email for my Microsoft account since the first tech test. Could that be the issue? If any has any insight, I could really use your help.

Hey mate,

Could you please sign out of Windows Store and then sign in again?

Afterward, sign out of xbox beta and then sign in back.

Hopefully that helps!

Cheers,

Appreciate the assistance!

I’ve signed in and out of the windows store multiple times and I can’t even sign into the Xbox Beta app. Still receiving the same issue :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that!

Do you have a vpn on?

Also, check out xbox NAT type in Network tab and reply back please.

Edit: Please check if you updated tech test today.

Cheers,

No VPN.

I did a network connection test and everything seem good until I run into nat type, it says “Teredo is unable to qualify”. I tried to fix it and looked it up online for troubleshooting steps and still had no luck.

The game is updated.

1 Like

Do you have a bloody :stuck_out_tongue: anti-virus installed?

At least we are pointing to the problem now…

Regards,

I have Avast anti-virus and I also fixed the XBL multiplayer NAT and server connections; however, I’m still seeing the same message in-game.

Avast has been known to cause issues with the tech test.

Can you please try disabling it and trying to see if that makes any difference?

2 Likes

Amen to what Ghost said

1 Like

Disabled and still running into the same issue :pensive:

Hopefully Noble or someone has an idea, because I am sadly out of options.

1 Like

Thanks for the help though Ghost and Noble, Idk what to do either. It was working perfectly last weekend but now I’ve run into this problem and it’s frustrating.

2 Likes

My last attempt, please run tech test as administrator, try to turn off firewall temporarily and check again.

Most importantly, generate another IP and check first.

Cheers,

1 Like

I solved it! I wasn’t signed into the Xbox console companion app this whole time. I’m sorry for all the trouble guys :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

HAHAHAHA

Glad you solved it though. I never would have guessed that.

1 Like

Dear Diary,

Today, OP found a solution by him self and the problem was xbox companion.

*Pulling the gun out and shooting xbox companion app :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,

1 Like

It does it every time to me on launch I just press try again and it syncs correctly the 2nd time.

1 Like

I also had the same problem! so I found a solution that might work for those still logged in the app and have the game open with the cannot sync message.

My solution, while the game on and cannot sync message on and signed into app. MAKE SURE YOU DON’T DOWNLOAD OR OPEN ANYTHING DURING THIS PROCESS AS IT REQUIRES TO TURN ANTIVIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION OFF FOR A MINUTE!

-click the windows button to open the start menu
-go to settings (right above the power icon)
-click on update and security and then click windows security on the left tab
-click on open windows security tab then virus and threat protection on the left tab
-under virus and threat protection menu click manage settings
-turn everything to off and go back to game and click the x to close the message
-it synced for me and took me to the screen brightness menu,
-turn all your antivirus and threat protection back on and enjoy.

I’m guessing this worked because i have no other antivirus. I’m also guessing that if you have another antivirus you might want to turn that off as well if this doesn’t work. and dont forget to turn everything back on. It’s a temporary fix and hopefully this gets to a dev and can find a fix.

1 Like

It’s the same Tech Test issue. The window pops up for me just about every time I launch Gears 5 for me to hit “Sync”.

1 Like

omg, thank you!! I faced this for every gamepass game and tried everything! This solved it. I didn’t even know the companion app was a thing.